Chapter 21 - Motherhood

"Сегодня целевая практика" ( today is target practice) the female instructor announced.

All the girls in an orderly fashion were brought to a room. 25 rows of targets. They each got a single gun and ammo.

Standing in a line waiting for the command that they could fire.

The female instructor nodded a yes and the little girls shot with as much accuracy as they could.

Most hitting the center 4 or 5 times.

Akilina was still downplaying her skills but as the girls in the class learned more she showed more.

"Достаточно" ( enough).

The door opened and 15 men and woman were walked in being escorted by guards. Hands and feet bound bags on their heads.

The male instructor walked over to them. The female instructor raised her gun and shot him. In the head.

Some of the girls gasped. Some looked horrified. Some stayed very still.

"Они являются мишенями. Стреляйте в них" (They are targets. Shoot them) she spoke authority but calm.

Some raised there guns and shot. Akilina one of them.

Others stayed still and got shouted at until they shot the targets.

__________________

Nat and yelena sat in a bar drinking. Talking about yelena's mission to free the widows with the red dust she had acquired.

Yelena talked about some of her experiences in the red room being chemically subjugated with no independence.

Nat spoke of some time in shield keeping her experiences with the red room to herself.

She spoke little of her new found family.

She did speak a lot of her new found daughter though there wasn't much to tell.

At the end of the night both woman agreed to help each other.

Yelena helping nat find her niece and bring down the red room once and for all and natasha helping yelena free the remaining widows.

________________

3. That's how many people Akilina has killed in her short life.

3

Such a small number, with such. Big impact.

Milana Popov, Anya Kozlov, and a man she did not know the name of.

She was 4 with 3 kills under her belt.

This fact was something that seemed to make people around her happy.

Madame B, Dreykov, doctor Fedorov and others all were delighted with her evolving ruthlessness.

Sadly for them Akilina had made a friend.

A friend that could undoubtedly tame that side of her somewhat.

Zoya Balakin.

She was kind and persistent. She sat with Akilina and talked.

If Akilina didn't want to talk back it was okay she'd talk for the both of them.

She was tall and blonde with blue eyes.

Akilina kept up her lies with Zoya. Zoya knowing her as yekaterina Morozova, or kat as she liked to call her.

The thing Akilina liked about Zoya was although she was kind there was no doubting her violent capabilities. Zoya herself had eliminated one of the girls and felt like an outcast among the others, them being scared of her.

But Zoya wasn't scared of Akilina and Akilina wasn't scared of Zoya. Which she appreciated.

When this new New friendship was discovered madame B almost immediately paired the two for sparing.

If madame B could create a rivalry between the two maybe she'd stop the friendship before both girls became attached.

___________________

Today was different in the red room. The girls were rushed to the training room and paired for sparing. Akilina however was left out.

There was whispers going around that someone was going after the red room.

Someone named Melina Vostokoff tipped the red room off.

Where they'd heard this Akilina had no clue but found it better to ignore it then to hope.

Akilina was drugged, next time she woke up she was in the back of an armoured van, surrounded by seven other girls one of which to her relief was Zoya. All the other girls were still asleep.

The ride was bumpy and Akilina fell back asleep soon after she woke.

_________________________

"Shut up! You are an idiot and you're a coward." Melina yells at alexi.

"You're a coward." alexi tells back.

"And our family was never real, so there's nothing to hold on to." natasha cut in,"we're moving on."

Alexei scoffs "Never family? I am simple man. And I think that for a couple deep undercover Russian agents I think we did pretty great as parents, huh?"

"Yes, we had our orders, and we played our roles to perfection.Who cares? That wasn't real."

" What?" yelena speaks incredulously.

"That wasn't real. Who cares?" Melina repeats.

"Don't say that.Please don't say that. It was real. It was real to me. You are my mother. My real MOTHER. The closest thing I ever had to one. The best part of my life was fake. And none of you told me." Yelenas voice got gradually louder. She bangs the table." And those agents you chemically subjugated around the globe? Those. That was me." the people at the table looked surprised

" And you, you got out? Dreykov made sure no one could escape."

" Are you gonna say anything?" yelena addressed Melina who hadn't said a word.

"no"

"Yelena-" natasha started to speak.

"No." Yelena left the room, alexi following after her. Natasha left the room also but went elsewhere.

"Where are you going?" Melina questioned natasha "to do this myself."

"You won't survive."

"I wish I could believe that you cared. But you're not the first mother to abandoned me, and I won't abandon my own child"natasha mumbled the last part too lowly for Melina to hear.

"you weren't abandoned. You were selected by a program that assessed the genetic potential in infants." Melina stated.

"I was took?" natasha questioned.

"a bargain was struck, your family paid off, your mother, never stopped looking for you. She was. She was relentless."

" What happened to her?"

" Dreykov had her killed. She threatened to uncover the Red Room. Normally, the actions of one civilian wouldn't warrant an execution, but as I said, she was relentless."

" I. I have a daughter. I had her while I was still active. She got out but they have her again. I'm not just doing this for me or or yelena im doing it for her. So she can be different. To give her somewhat of a chance."

There was a long silence both woman looking at each other.

"Let's stop this."

"Tell me, how did you keep your heart?"

"Pain only makes us stronger. Didn't you tell us that? What you taught me kept me alive."

There was another pause.

"I'm sorry, I already alerted the Red Room. They'll be here any minute."