Chapter 54 - Illusive

Akilina woke up with a gasp. She could barley breathe. Her head throbbed, waves of pain crashing down on her. She cried out in pain. Curling into a ball, the pain came harder every moment she made. The burning feeling was back.

"No"

"Not again"

"PLEASE"

She begged, and begged.

"Пожалуйста"
(please)

"не снова"
(not again)

The door opened, someone began shouting.

It burns.

Why does it burn.

Burns-why-please-stop.

The pain became mind numbing.

"GET THE SERUM!"

"PREP THE MACHINE."

Hands grabbed at her pulling her up. Akilina screamed in pain. The hands release instantly. She stayed in her awkward position, shaking, sobbing in pain.

"Больше нет." (no more) she whispers hopelessly. Her voice hoarse from screaming.

" Shhhh child" a voice cooed "all will be fine. Just let me help you."

She cried harder, the voice familiar.

"Let me help you."

"Shhhh"

A short while later Akilina felt sleepy, drowsy. Drifting of into darkness Doctor Fedorov stood looking down and her, a stressed look on his face.

"How many?" He asked sleeping facing a sleeping Akilina.

"Nine, four doctors, five guards."

"Tell Doctor Ocians to up the dosage, and the power. They're going to know why this happened, how this happened and if its fixed."

"It lasted longer than last time. And she wasn't technically conscious this time."

"Nightmares."

"What?"

"That's how it happened. Nightmares."

_________________________________________

"Looks like hydra found themselves a new assassin."

Director Nick Fury was standing at the head of a long conference table. Maria Hill was next to him. He was looking down at the avengers, who were sat at the table. Some raised eyebrows at the news, some eyes widened, some like Bucky barnes froze though bucky himself only froze for a fraction of a second, before regaining his composure.

"Well who is this one then?" Stark questions suddenly awake.

"We don't know."

"You-you don't know."

"No witnesses, no evidence, just bodies. And sometimes not even that."

"So they're good" clint spoke nodding "well trained"

"Extremely."

"How do you know its hydra?" Steve inquired.

"Most of the people we've found have some sort of ties to hydra. We're still working on the connection of a few. One of the latest victims was Jaime Lorrel."

"I know that name" Tony put his hand on his head before clicking his fingers "he has a big company manufacturing weapons."

"That he does Stark he wad found dead in his home. Poisoned. Ricin. 46 hours prior lorrel was at a hydra party. High class people, investors, go and have a drink. We're thinking he got spiked. Why hydra wanted him dead, we don't know. But we want to find out. So any volunteers for this mission?" he waited a second "No? Fine. Barton, pick a team, take em and stake out, clear?"