Chapter 53 - Pain Pain Pain

Нет means no in Russian btw.

Akilina faded in and out of consciousness. Getting little snippets of people taking.

"Not long now."

"Her heart rate was dangerously high."

"Side effects?"

"Temp is lowering."

"full lock down."

"Every exit."

Groaning as she fully woke up Akilina was confused by the lack of restraints. Opening her eyes she was surprised to fin she wasn't in the hydra base. Akilina was in a rustic looking house. She could hear shouting coming from somewhere else in the house, the voice brought involuntarily shivers to her spine despite not recognising the voice. Looking around she spotted herself. A younger Akilina sitting on the floor. Teary expression on her face.

Am I dreaming?

What's going on?

Younger Akilina started to get up slowly, stepping so lightly you couldn't hear her walk. Older Akilina followed her as she quietly opened her door and sneaked through the landon. The shouting was louder now. Two people male and female. She remembered those voices now. Mariah and Dmitry Volkova. The creak of a door caught her attention. Younger Akilina stepped into a room down the hall.

"come on, shut the door" a small voice whispers.

Akilina slips into the room and watches as her younger self climbs into bed with her older brother. She smiles sadly to herself. Grief bubbling in her chest as aleks reassures Akilina that everything is fine.

"shhh, go back to sleep."

"Everything will be fine."

"They're just arguing."

Akilina starts to feel heavy. Flashing lights startling her.

"Everything will be just fine."

"Her temperature is going back up."

"Nothing bad will happen."

"Heart rate too."

Akilina fell to the floor, eyes closing as she hits the cold wooden floorboards opening a soon as she hears cars wising by.

The hell?

Akilina looked down. No longer was she laying in the dusty wood but cold concrete.

The sky bright and the sun warm against her skin.

Where am I this time?

Standing back up Akilina starts to try find herself. Following herself worked last time. Why wouldn't it work this time? Everything was calm here. No shouting. Which Akilina enjoyed. Noticing an ice cream shop, and knowing herself, she walked over. To no surprise her younger self was there giggling with a little pot of ice-cream. Talking to a man in french, they had the same colour hair. As much as Akilina tried she couldn't place him. She couldn't figure out who he was.

"Les fraises sont le meilleur fruit depuis toujours" (Strawberries are the best fruit in forever)

"Les fraises sont bonnes. Mais des pêches. Les pêches sont meilleures." (Strawberries are good. But peaches. Peaches are better.)

"Pêches?" (peaches)

"Oui les pêches." (yes peaches.) He looks at her eyes wide a silly look on his face. "n'avez-vous jamais eu de pêches?" ( have you never had peaches?)

"Non" (nope)

He chuckles a little. The heavy feeling was coming back.

No.