Chapter 27 - Broken Can Be Fixed

2 months later

" Jaki jest Twój ulubiony kolor?" (What's your favourite colour)

" Nie wiem. Zielony lub niebieski może czerwony. Purpura? Nie wiem". (I don't know. Green or blue maybe red. Purple? I don't know.)

"To w porządku, podoba mi się, że jest jak jasnoniebieski. Hmm pastelowy niebieski to mój ulubiony kolor. "(That's okay I like its like a light blue. Hmm pastel blue that's my favourite colour)

Zoya informed Akilina or cat as Zoya liked to call her, in Polish.

It was late.

Training was particularly hard today. Nobody was allowed any food or water.

In their studies they were learning Polish so to learn quicker they opted to speak in Polish.

The two girls beds being beside each other made it easy for them to speak without fear of alerting anyone they were awake.

Both girls wrists were aching being handcuffed to the metal bar acting as a bed post.

"Jakie są twoje ręce? "(How's your hands) Zoya questioned Akilina.

"Porządku" (okay) she replied simply.

Akilina's hands were cut and bruised and scared.

She had taken a punishment for Zoya.

She didn't even mean to do it, it was just instinct to do so. She started thinking back to the incident.

"ударить сильнее" (strike down harder) the voice of the instructor rang out shouting in russian.

The girls were in pairs Akilina and Zoya in one. They were sparring with knifes. They were told not to kill each other. 

There weren't enough girls to have any unnecessary eliminations.

Both girls though best friends didn't go easy on each other. Both ruthless and a desire to prove themselves powering the girls past their personal limits.

Zoya went in with her knife aiming for Akilinas right shoulder. Akilina dodged the attack, attached her free hand to zoyas outstretched one and pulled it throwing Zoya of balance.

Akilina used that to her advantage.

She turned back around facing zoyas back, Akilina grabbed zoyas shoulder about to slice zoyas stomach lightly but when she turned Zoya facing her Zoya dropped her knife.

Instead of slicing zoyas stomach she skillfully flipped her own knife in her hand, now holding the blade of it lightly. She placed it in zoyas hand roughly and pushed Zoya away. Making it look like she herself had dropped the knife.

Akilina didn't question the instinct she simply just did it.

Everyone was silent.

The girls had stopped sparing some with expressions of fear or pity on their faces, some had confusion.

The instructor stomps over.

" what happened" they speak lowly.

Threateningly.

Akilina didn't answer.

Her head twisted to the side, a sudden stinging pain shot through the side of her face.

Fighting the urge to touch the place she just looked up at the instructor, eyebrows raised  a look in her eyes spoke for her.

' your going to have to try a lot harder than that'

In that moment all madame B, who was watching everything including Zoya dropping the knife, saw was natasha romanoff.

Looks like the romanoff fire was passed down to Akilina too.

Madame B walked down to the training room.

" clearly the knife was dropped. Lenoff why don't you show yekaterina what happens to incompetent children when the don't follow the simplest of tasks and are disrespectful to adults." She addresses a man, a guard, Lenoff who had been standing of to the side at his post, the entrance to the room.

She hadn't yet taken her eyes of Akilina. Staring at her with fury and Akilina stared back with resentment clouding her eyes.

Lenoff with a sick grin on his face dragged Akilina out of the training room, down the halls and into room 406.

The room of nightmares. It was a torture room.

Akilina stayed there for 2 hours.

Only the new open wounds on her hands were visible. They were in the worst condition.

She had more but her clothes covered them.

"kat? You still awake" Zoya called out quiet and softly, snapping Akilina out of her memories.

"yeah"

"good. Its good to have you back by the way"

"what do you mean"

"well you were like physically gone for a while, and when u came back it was like you weren't you. Well you were you but not yourself? I don't know who to explain it."

"well it's good to be back then." Akilina jokes to lighten the mood she hears Zoya laughing quietly.

"don't do that again"

"what again? Zoya questions.

" drop your knife"

"it was an accident you know that"
.
"I know but it can't happen again."

" you didn't have to save me"

"yes I did"

" no, no you didn't."

"your my friend. Of course I did."

There was a few minutes of silence after that.

" your a good friend kat you know that?" Zoya spoke out tiredly.

"maybe" Akilina replied.

Zoya fell asleep a few minutes later. Akilina followed a little while after.

__________________________________

" she snapped out of it" the clearly pissed off voice of madame B spoke into the phone.

"That's impossible. Its too soon. She couldn't of" doctor Fedorov spoke back also pissed off.

"she did."

"when?"

"I don't know exactly"

" we need to find out when and how and why."

"I'm aware of that thank you."

" barnes never did this. None of them did. So why can she."

"that's what I'd like to know. You said-"

" I know what I said clearly something went wrong."

" fix it. Do it again. I don't care if you melt her brain. Do It AGAIN." madame B snapped and hung up the phone.

Madame B sat back in her chair looking at the computer screen on her desk. The cameras that were in the girls bedroom was being displayed. She was looking intently at Akilina. ' what makes you so special?'

Akilina has been through hell and back in her short life. Been through this that usual people would not survive. But she did.

Why? Who knows.

All that's known is that it hasn't been easy and she's almost at her breaking point, and this, this is just the start.

But what's broken can be fixed.

Right?

An

I kinda like this chapter ngl
Can someone comment if they actually yeno like this book please 😂☠️