Chapter 45 - Monumentous Hours Of Therepy

Tw// talk of drugs in this chapter

Everything went back to normal except Akilina felt a sort of hopelessness surrounding her. She trained, came home, messed around with cam, got pushed around by Shawn, got ignored by Sarah, sleep, eat and repeat yet she couldn't escape the feeling. It annoyed her to no end. Until it just faded. Like she accepted the feeling and became numb to it after awhile.

Another thing she felt had changed was time. The way it moved. Time was going by fast, it felt like just yesterday she was alone arriving on the door step of this house with strangers she'd be living with and now, it's been 2 years and the unfamiliar house became her broken home and those strangers became her family. Even if she didn't like them. Even if she was hiding life changing secrets .Even if she wasn't who she says or thought she is. Even if it's all a lie. Their still her family.

_________________________________________

"How have you been?" Wanda asked nat, genuinely concerned for her friends wellbeing.

"Fine" she responded somewhat coldly.

"I don't need powers to tell me your lying Nat. But you can talk to me when your ready. It's not good keeping everything bottled up. I'm here when you want to talk, I just hope you know that and you will."

"Eventually."

"Good now. How's living with your boyfriend been."

It had took awhile but eventually all the ex-avengers and those that sided with them, on the run, that hadn't took a deal like clint or Scott, had been pardoned and let back in America, with restrictions of course. Tony had let them back into the 'avengers' tower. It was a little tense at first but its getting there.

"Well, we finished unpacking. The whole move was a good distraction from the thing for a while. But now we're kinda settled in. It's been fun though."

"Fun? Do tell."

_________________________________________

Akilina walked slowly. Senses heightened. The dimly lit hallway doing her no favours.

The gun in her hand loaded and ready. She steadily stalked up to the first door.
Opening it quietly she heard a nose behind her. Turning around suddenly she head shot the target. The lights came back on signaling the simulation was over. She carefully walked around the growing puddle of blood heading towards the exit.

"3 minutes 21 seconds. 18 seconds faster than last time."

Akilina nodded in acknowledgement.

"Your training has being exceeding all expectations. Well done soldier."

________________________________________

"The doctor has an idea of a way to keep her under control."

"Has he now?"

"A mixture of drugs, phycological torture, physical torture and the electro shock method previously used on the winter soldiers. Along with the subliminal messaging she's already and continues to endure. "

"Drugs? Dreykov tried that. Look at him now."

"No not like his, more like modified MDMA."

"What reason could he possibly have to dose her with MDMA?"

"The accounted empathy."

"He wants to make her more empathetic?"

"It's more he wants to condition a negative response from feeling empathy or emotions."

"Torture her while she's off her head on MDMA. After a while, she'd remember the pain while feeling emotions or empathy. So she wouldn't feel in order not to feel the pain."

"I don't know if he's evil or a genius."

"An evil genius."

"And there's no cure for a phycological response. Other than momentous hours of therepy. And she's not gonna get that here."

"Have you thought of addiction? An overdose? Her body would get used to the drugs she'd need higher doses. Or what if she becomes overly confident, the risks are-."

" when have you ever cared about risks and anyways we'll let those problems come to us if they do arise."

"Your sounding like me."

"good maybe you'll listen for once."

________________________________________

"Cameron, watch ye doing?" Akilina spoke as she popped her head into his room.

"He's not there silly. How about you come hang out with me for today. Its been a long while and I'm feeling like a good shopping trip is in order" Sarah proposed.

It indeed had been awhile. She seemed happy today, extremely happy. Akilina kind of wanted some new clothes anyways. They always got new clothes when they went out.

"Sure. I'll put my shoes on."

"oh yay this is going to be so fun."

Akilina ran to her room, swiftly put on her shoes and walked to the door. The pair drove off to the shopping centre.

"How about a nice dress huh?" Sarah voiced looking through the racks of clothes. She'd three bags already from being stuff for herself.

"Purple? Or maybe blue? No green." She pulled out a green dress, long sleeved, it probably went down to Akilina's knees. It was plain but cute.
"To match your eyes." Sarah simply put it in the basket not even look at the price tag.

Another dress, skirt, t-shirt, 2 pairs of leggings, underwear and shoes later and they made their way to the food court.

"Hmm I'm feeling Mac Donalds what about you, Mac Donalds?"

"Yeah please."

"Alright Mac Donalds it is. Happy meal?"

"Sure but im allergic to nuts."

"Oh I forgot about that. That's alright I'll figure something out. Why don't you grab a table."

Akilina found a table for two by the window and waited for Sarah to come over with the food.

"Happy meal for you, big mac for me."

"Thank you."

"No problem darling."

_________________________________________

When the got home Sarah put Akilina's bags in her room then left to her own room to put away her stuff. Cameron seemed a bit off. He came in to Akilina's room and helped her put away her stuff.

"I'm going away for a little bit squirrel. Not forever don't worry"

"how long?"

"just a little while. Like when you go away with your school."

"ohhh okay. But you'll be back yes."

"always k."

_________________________________________

For anyone who does know what mdma is I got this off an article that I sadly no longer have the name to.

MDMA is a psychoactive (mind-altering) drug that affects how we think and behave. Ecstasy and molly are common names for the drug. MDMA is a stimulant that speeds up our breathing, heart rate, thoughts and actions. But it also is sometimes considered a hallucinogen since it can alter our senses and perceptions.Before MDMA was classified as an illegal substance, some psychotherapists experimented with the drug as a tool to help people explore their emotions. Today, some people continue to use the drug for emotional insight. Others use the drug to heighten their feelings of affection and empathy and connect with others. Many people choose not to use MDMA or to use the drug in moderation, because being less in control of their behaviour increases the likelihood of making unwise choices such as having unsafe sex.Using MDMA may help us feel more outgoing at a party, but repeatedly using the drug to address social anxiety may lead to harms to our health or relationships.

I don't condone using illegal substances. This is a fictional story lads.