Chapter 43 - The Hauntings Of Time

A/n I don't think I've said this but  this kinda writing is the voice in her head and this is Akilina's thoughts just so you don't get confused. <3

It's frightening how quick time goes by. Especially for people like Bucky and Natasha who's little girl is still missing and also for Akilina, for as she grows her training intensifies. More missions, more fighting, more weapons, more lying, more cover ups, more pain.

Time is tiring no matter how fast it goes. It'll leave scars on your heart and bags under your eyes.

Something Akilina learned quickly was to spend your time as best as you can in the moment, she was avoiding making good memories in fear of it all been taken away.

She didn't want to care for Cameron. She didn't want a home, or heart shaped sun glasses because whatever she had she eventually lost, and she lost presious time being scared.

But Akilina found she was wrong, you need to have good memories to hang onto, to keep you a float when everything gets a bit rough. Your gonna make memories either way why not make them happy ones and besides that, nobody could take happy memories away anyways, could they?

No matter what hydra did Akilina was still Akilina. Even if she didn't know that her self. In times like now that prove that. When she's pushed to far, and cracks, and losses a little part of herself, her innocence, when she stands back up and pushes back they all see, they see something that they will never be able to control. They can give it their best shot. But they won't win.

I hope.

_________________________________________

Laughing pierced through the air of the lonely cold house. Akilina and Cameron sat laughing away at each other. They were playing video games in Cameron's room, Mario Kart. Akilina had 'accidentally' pushed Cameron off the track and Akilina started laughing. She laughed so hard she fell off the bed. Which made Cameron laugh and Akilina laugh even harder. Cameron won the game because Akilina was still lying on the floor not bothered to move, still regaining herself from her fit of laughter, face red and sore from smiling.

"That was game, I've to get ready now" Cameron was going to a party with his friends.

"awhhh please?"

"Sorry kaylee, we'll play more when I get back okay?"

"Okay"

Akilina left the room with a small pout on her face. Closing the door behind her and making her way to her own room she got ran into by Sarah. Sarah confused Akilina. Sometimes she was the nicest person around, buying you things, showing you how to make cookies and drawing pictures with you then the next day she pretendeds you don't exist. She was neglectful and argumentive.

"Oh Kaylee, I was looking for you. There's an emergency at the 'dance school' you'll be staying there for a little while."

'Well this just got interesting.'

"Okay" Akilina breathed out.

'okay'.

Akilina walked with Sarah to her car and they drove to the base.

For an emergency it was oddly calm. Madame B was outside waiting for them however which meant, dispite her calm and collective demeanour, shit was going down. Akilina's conducted completely changed as she climbed out of the car. From small quiet child in the back seat to soldier about to receive orders.

She walked over to madame B and the woman wasted no time in explaining what was going on. Madame B spoke as they walked into the base

"in this video your target is her"

Madame B showed Akilina different angles of a young girl, her age possibly older in what Akilina could vaguely recognised as a red room training uniform.

'the targets a widow in training then. Possibly escaped , extremely dangerous.'

'good to know'

madame B showed Akilina the video this time.

The young girl killing two other widow's in training and injuring a third. The girl sneakily following a guard out of the base. Lastly the girl running off into the forest surrounding this particular base.

"Your mission, hunt her down and kill her or bring her back to the base. What ever easiest at the time. You'll be less conspicuous if she reaches civilisation then a group of idiot men chasing a little girl through the woods."

Akilina nodded in understanding. She geared up with a light amount of protective armour and weapons to keep her nimble and waited for further instruction.

_________________________________________

That brings us to the now.

Now Akilina was on the tail of the widow both running as fast as they could but Akilina was gaining speed. It didn't take Akilina long after landing to locate the girl. Enhanced hearing had its perks. The widow was clutching a knife and Akilina hadn't pulled out any of her own weapons yet. As Akilina gained speed the widow took a sudden right turn making her stumble slightly but it was enough.

Akilina grabbed her shoulder and pulled it down. The widow crashed into the ground.

Recovering quickly she started getting back up when Akilina kicked her side sending the widow on her back.

The widow looked up and gasped. Akilina walked closer to the widow kicking her knife away.

"Kat" she croaked out tears pooling in her eyes.

Who the fuck is kat?

"kat please" Akilina faltered the widow was standing.

backing away slowly "kat" she was crying now, borderline sobbing, her blonde hair stuck to her face.

Akilina raised her hands and moved towards the widow.

"It's me come on Kat it's me Zoya PLEASE" Akilina lowered her hands something in her mind screaming at her to stop.

That something in her head switched off and she made a quick move on 'Zoya'. Zoya was quick to dodge.

"KAT you don't have to do this."

Akilina didn't falter this time. She caught Zoya with a hard punch to the nose. A loud crunch followed by a whimper making its way to her unlistening ears.

"please" Zoya whispered in desperation "please" tears glistened Akilina's eyes as she pulled out her gun and aimed it at the girl.

"Kat I'm sorry please don't. Don't do it."

Akilina cocked the gun. Zoya whimpered and closed her eyes. Akilina pulled the trigger.

The bullet lodged into the tree beside Zoyas head. Zoya slowly started to open her eyes when Akilina walks swiftly over and knocks her out with the handle of the gun.

Why'd you do that.

Do what? Keep her alive or knock her out?

Both

I don't know about keeping her alive but-

but what?

I know I couldn't stand her eyes. Th-the look in her eyes like she was-

terrified of you?.....

Yeah.

________________________________________

Akilina dragged the girl, Zoya, back to the base and was swiftly dragged back into the jet taking Akilina back home. She had a far away look in her eyes and a mind full of questions. Questions no doubt nobody could or would answer. But that was the reality of Akilina's life.

Unanswered questions and wasted youth.