Ch. 1: Chaldea's Last Master

'I'm gonna kill him,' was the only thing in Jean's mind as she lay next to the tree she had fallen off of. The small rocks dug into her back and the sand clung to her sweaty skin. It had been a few weeks since the female had been summoned and Gilgamesh put her straight to work.

Work with the citizens and help with their daily chores that is.

Jean got up, looking up at the fruits that she was trying to grab. They seemed to be taunting her, the fruits shining in the sun light. Her eyes narrowed and twitched slightly before getting up. Her hands wiped off whatever sand clung to her body. She backed up slightly, her hands clenching and unclenching as she hopped slightly in place. She shook her torso slightly to relax her body somewhat. Jean charged toward the tree, the magic circuits appearing on her legs as she ran along the tree trunk. Her foot slipped a moment later, but before she could fall, she latched onto one of the branches. Her body hung there for a moment, releasing a breath before pulling herself up on the branch. She swung her leg around, getting on the tree branch like it was a horse. The Servant grabbed the fruits, tossing them down to the citizens that held a basket for the fruits.

"Ah! There you are Lady Jean!"

At the voice of Siduri, Jean jumped, almost falling out of the tree. She grabbed onto the tree quickly to steady herself. Her eyes looked down below her to the smiling Advisor. Her heart ached at the title the woman had given her, the title reminding her of a familiar black-haired male. "Oh, Siduri, please don't call me 'lady'," she pleaded, her eyes only showing hurt for a moment.

"Oh? Is Ms. Jean alright then?"

"Yes, that's fine. What did you need?" She asked, raising an eyebrow towards the female, a small smile on her face as she spoke.

"King Gilgamesh has asked to see you."

Her body tensed and her face turned to one of distaste at the name. The two still didn't get along, especially after her summoning. "Yeah, well he can go die in a hole in the middle of this desert..." Jean mumbled, making sure that none of Uruk's citizens heard her. She couldn't see how, but they respected their king greatly. If she even attempted to talk about the king rudely, they'd all shut her down. She sighed before swiftly jumping off of the tree, dusting her shorts and tank top from any dirt. She had learned quickly that she could change into clothes that she had when she was alive, something that she was thankful for as most of the females in this era wore dresses. Jean turned towards Siduri, "Alright then, let's go."

<><><><><>

Jean stood behind a line of men who was giving reports to Gilgamesh. For the first time ever, the female held a smidge of respect towards the male. She was used to his arrogant side that didn't care about anyone but himself. However, the person in front of her was completely different. He was taking care of the problems his people had given him easily, almost to the point where the female didn't think that this was Gilgamesh. That thought however was quickly gone the minute his red eyes met her blue ones. She shook her head before walking up towards the throne, "Siduri said that you wanted to see me. What for, exactly?" She questioned.

"Ah! King Gilgamesh! I have some important people who need to see you!" Merlin's voice broke the conversation before it even started. Jean looked towards the Grand Caster, an annoyed look on her face.

"Mrs. Jean!" The female almost immediately felt arms wrap around her midsection, the girl having the urge to throw whoever it was across the room. The urge subsided at the sight of Mash, a girl who looked to be about Sakura's age. A warm smile slowly fell on Jean's face.

The female held onto her superior tightly, Jean shook herself out of her shock and gently hugged Mash back. The two had become close for the two weeks Jean had been in Chaldea. Mash was one of the people that Jean was assigned to to make sure that they were ready for the Singularities, as Mash was a Demi-Servant, Jean was the only one who could truly test the female's power. The two had become close, having a sort of mother-daughter relationship.