Ch. 2: A Day Out

"Grunt work, huh?" Fujimaru's shoulders were slouched as he spoke. An unimpressed look on his face.

Jean patted his shoulder lightly, "Welcome to the club." The group had left the throne room only a few seconds ago, only after negotiating with the king to do some grunt work and make a name for themselves.

"Please do not worry," Siduri's voice came from behind them, making the small group turn towards her. "We will make sure that you are all supplied with what you need while you stay here."

"Well, if you've got them covered, I'll just be on my way to my room. After a long day like this, I'd rather take a nice bath and go to sleep," Jean stated before walking back in the Ziggurat to her chambers.

She sighed as she walked in, her form being covered in blue light as she changed out of her battle gear. She sat down on the bed before running her hand through her hair. "So, Rin's being possessed by Ishtar and Chaldea has finally arrived. This is certainly to make things more interesting in the coming weeks," she fell on the bed, her arms spread out as she looked at the ceiling of her room. She closed her eyes, 'I hope Aoi and Diarmuid are alright...'

<><><><><>

"Mom! Look!"

Jean looked down towards her daughter, a small smile on her face as she saw a soft blue light erupting from her daughter's hands. "I can do magic!" Aoi gleefully said, her golden eyes sparkling with excitement.

"That's amazing Aoi!" the female replied as she brushed through Peaches mane. The horse leaned down and nuzzled Aoi's cheek, making the girl lose her focus and lose the magic at her fingertips.

Aoi giggled as she pushed the horse's snout away, "Peaches, you messed it up," a small pout appeared on the little girl's face as she saw the blue light gone.

"Don't worry, Aoi, I'm sure that you'll get it back. You are already on your way to becoming a great mage!"

Jean opened her eyes, her blue eyes latching onto the Ziggurat's ceiling. A small frown fell on her face as she looked towards it, tears pricked her eyes as the memory was present in her mind. She sat there, silently crying as she realized that she would probably never see her daughters smile again.

"Mrs. Jean?" a small knock next to the doorway, snapped Jean out of her sadness. She quickly wiped her eyes as she sat up from her bed.

"Yes?" she turned her head to the doorway to see Siduri, a stone tablet in her hands. The female's brown eyes showing slight worry at the redness in the Servant's eyes.

"King Gilgamesh has told me that you have no duties other than training with Mash," she spoke softly. Jean nodded, showing that she understood. "Are you alright, Mrs. Jean?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Just a few things that came up in a dream last night. It's nothing to worry about," she spoke sending the King's assistant a smile. The woman nodded before leaving the room, planning to head back to the throne room. Jean's smile fell as Siduri left, memories of her life still present in her mind.

After a few more minutes, she got up fully. She stretched, feeling a satisfying pop from her back as she did so. She looked out the window in her room, seeing the sun had been up for at least an hour before she woke up. It was rare when she got to sleep in when she was in Uruk. With a war going on just outside the city, sleeping in was a leisure not many had.