Ch. 7: Plans

As soon as the snake-like woman got close, she didn't waste any time attacking the female. Jean jumped up away from the laser-like attack, her feet landing on one of the snakes that were a part of her hair. Jean charged towards the monster, her sword held tightly in her hand and she chopped off the heads of any snakes that came her way. Moving towards Gorgon was a challenge and almost impossible, but that's what they said about her going up against Gilgamesh too.

The snake that Jean was running on moved quickly, throwing her off of it and into the side of a mountain. A huge crater appeared as soon as the female made an impact, she winced as she struggled to get up. Her body was aching from how much exertion she's been putting on her body without any supplements. She turned a harsh glare on the naga-like female which Gorgon was happy to give back. "Do you honestly think that you could defeat me when two others have already died trying?!"

Jean let a small pained smirk cross her lips as she shrugged, "Third times a charm, am I right?" she questioned before charging back into the battle with her sword. As the Avenger was taller and bigger than her, it didn't take much time at all for the Wielder to get close to the female's face by using her speed.

A quick flash of light and the female was in a blue and silver outfit. She wore dark blue pants that had brown boots with silver armor on them, a blue and yellow cloak draped down her leg. Armor laid across her hips forming a belt of shorts and leading up to a silver breastplate. Her red hair was tied up in a braided bun, a few strands and her bangs covering her face. A great sword with a golden and blue hilt laid in her two hands, the blade was shining gold as dust gathered around it. "This sword shines bright as hopes are illuminated, feel its power! Excalibur!" she yelled, an enraged glint in her eyes as she pulled down the sword from where she was holding it above her head.

The sword's light struck down towards the Avenger, a scoff was heard as the light hit Gorgon. The light diminished as Jean landed on the ground in front of the magenta-haired female, her eyes wide as she saw the untouched body of Avenger. "How...?" she mumbled, backing up slowly. 'Not even the Grail withstood Excalibur's power how can she...'

"Did you think that petty light could take down someone like me?" Gorgon stood taller, her glare sharp as she looked down at the Wielder. "If that's all you've got, you're not worth spending my power on," the pink eyes of the half-snake woman looked towards the woods. "Now my demonic beasts! Strike down the very heart of Uruk!" growls could be heard from the woods, making the female in front of Gorgon worry.

"Now wait just a moment mother," Jean's eyes turned from Gorgon to the flying Servant next to her. "Don't you believe that is a little bit small-minded? After all, taking down Uruk is only part of our plan. Please, mother, do not lose sight of the bigger picture, these humans are not worth spending our resources on. The other goddesses are sure to be more difficult to deal with than them."

"Don't count humanity out of this war just yet you green-haired freak," she called out towards him, a frown on her face as she did.

"It's better if you thank my son for his restraint. You may think that you are in this war, however, we both know that Uruk's destruction is imminent," Gorgon spoke. "Ten days. I'll give you ten days before I wipe that city off the face of the earth." She didn't give the red-haired girl much time to answer as she burrowed her way underground. Jean's shoulders slouched as she watched Gorgon leave, her face showing one of concern.

"That's a relief, she's decided to return to the Blood Fort," Enkidu landed gracefully next to the girl.

Her look of worry soon turned to one of suspicion as she looked at the green-haired Servant, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"I do believe that I just saved your life as well as all of the others in Uruk."

Jean's face turned to one of mock surprise, "Really I had no idea?" her surprise faltered in a glare. "What I meant was, what the hell do you think you're doing? Why would you want to stop Gorgon from destroying Uruk?"