Ch. 8: Ishtar

"Are we sure that this is going to work?" Mash questioned as the small group walked up Mount Ebih with a wagon that was covered staying behind them.

"Of course! As much as I hate Gilgamesh, he can keep his word and is willing to do anything to keep his city safe," Jean answered, nodding her head slightly. "Everything will turn out fine."

"How can you be so sure?" Dr. Romani asked as the group continued.

"Simple. Despite what people may think of her, she's not an evil goddess. She genuinely wants to help the people of Uruk, that's just hard to do when everyone thinks that you're trying to destroy it," they came up to the tip of the mountain. Jean stopped where she was, "But, clearly, she doesn't mind showing off her supposed riches."

In front of them was a temple with two golden cat statues, the temple looked as if it was made of gold. "She should've just put a huge sign saying 'I conquered Mount Ebih!'" Mash stated as the group looked at the temple.

"Well, we're not doing anything by just standing here," Merlin said as he began walking towards the temple. A barrage of golden spells shot out of the top of the temple, the white-clad male quickly dodged to the side.

"What exactly do you think you're doing? You can't just walk up here like a bunch of tourists!" Ishtar said as she flew above the group, an annoyed look in her eyes as she looked at them.

"Well, how do expect us to knock on a door that doesn't exist?" Merlin mumbled to himself just before Ana told him to 'shut up'.

Ana, Mash, and Jean all got their weapons ready as Ishtar spoke, "You just tried taking on the goddess of demonic beasts and now you wish to take me on? You clearly doubt my skills, peasants!"

"Wait, Ishtar! We just want to talk!" Fujimaru called out just before the goddess sent a wave of attacks toward the small group. Mash got in front to block the attacks as Ana and Jean ran around her, planning to hit the goddess as Mash dealt with shielding Fujimaru and Merlin. The duo tried to attack Ishtar from the sides, only for her to move back to where the two were charging toward each other. They quickly moved out of the way of each other's blades, smoothly kicking themselves off of a stone pillar and to the goddess.

"Merlin, are you ready?" Fujimaru asked as he gripped tightly on a small brown bag. The Grand Caster nodded and the Master quickly moved towards the floating goddess.

It didn't take long for Ishtar to see the male and when she did she scoffed, "Seriously? Still trying to protect your Servant?" she shot towards him, only for him to burst into pink petals when the spell hit him. "What?!" Fujimaru faltered slightly from the side just before he threw the brown bag he was carrying into the air. Many jewels of different colors flew into the sky, shining brightly and causing the goddess to get distracted.

"Oh, no! The jewels I was meant to give to goddess Ishtar!" Fujimaru seemed disappointed in himself, but it was all just bad acting.

"Well, he definitely won't win an oscar," Jean stated, as Ishtar looked around the rocks.

"Wait, you mean these are for me?!" the goddess asked, looking confused and shocked as she saw the many different jewels.

"Yes. Ki-King Gilgamesh...wow that was hard to say..." Jean looked a little disgusted with herself before speaking to Ishtar again. "He is offering you around 20% of all the treasures in his treasury if you help us defeat Tiamat."

"Wait-Gilgamesh's treasury?! As in the treasury that will hold every treasure in the world?!" Ishtar questioned, hardly believing it all.

"Yeah, here's some more of the treasures!" the Master undid the tarp over the wagon to show a pile of gold. "But if 20% isn't to your liking, the King is willing to bump it up to 25%," Fujimaru answered, trying to tempt her to take the deal.