Ch. 6: Tiamat

"Well, there it is," Jean mumbled, motioning towards the temple-like cave that was carved into the mountain. "I don't sense any demonic beasts around surprisingly."

"We should still be careful. You might not sense them, but they are around," the blonde King stated, his eyes darting around the area. A small scream was heard from the inside of the cave, making the female next to him stand.

"I can't sit still and do nothing," she spoke before rushing into the fortress. She recognised the scream to be one from a little girl and if she could save the child, she would. Her blue eyes scanned the area as she ran. The cave was dark, round magenta sphere's were attached to the walls. She made a face of disgust as she could see a demonic beast slowly forming in the sphere. The Wielder shook her head and focused on where she was going, she couldn't really sense the human child or hear her anymore, but that didn't stop her from trying to find her.

She finally stopped near a small cell, a little girl was shaking in a corner. Her eyes held a huge amount of fear. Jean dropped to her knees, a gentle smile on her face. "Are you alright?" she questioned gently. The small girl shook her head slightly, "Are you hurt anywhere?" she shook her head once more. "Hold on, I'll get you out in a moment," Jean stood up from where she was kneeling and grabbed her sword. With a few flicks of her wrist, the bars of the cell fell on the ground.

The red-haired woman held her hand out to the little girl, "Come on. I'll get you to safety," she stated. The small girl ran over to the woman, hugging her around her waist. The small girl didn't think much of the stranger coming to save her. All she knew was that this woman was her ticket out of this dark place.

The two walked through the area, "What's your name?" Jean asked the little girl.

"My name is Aea," she answered, her small hands holding on tightly to the female's black cloak.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Aea, I'm Jean," she said with a smile on her face. "Don't worry, we'll be out soon," she added as she faced the hall once more. The two continued through the fortress, slowly having become lost as the red-haired woman wasn't fully paying attention to where she was going when she first entered the fortress. She let out a small sigh before closing her eyes, 'Hopefully I can sense Gilgamesh around here,' she thought. However, instead of sensing the male far away, she could sense him right behind her.

She quickly turned around to see the blonde king with an unimpressed look on his face. "Honestly, you charge in here and you can't even get out," he stated. The female could feel the want to punch his face when he spoke.

"Well, if you had stayed outside, than maybe we would've been out of here by now," she replied, a small glare on her face. "Or did you forget that Servant's can sense their Master's?"

"I sensed a dark energy around here. I thought that while you were finding the girl than I could investigate."

"Clearly you didn't think hard enough," she snarkily replied.

Gilgamesh gave her a sharp glare that she happily returned, "I still would like to search the place. We need every advantage in this war," he stated before walking past the two. The female sighed before following after him.

"I really don't think this is a smart idea, especially with having a civillian with us," Jean said as the three started to walk where the King had felt the energy. He ignored her, continuing to walk until they came to an opening. When they walked through it, they came to a huge rounded cavern with a pool in the middle. The pool looked to be as long as a football field and the type of liquid in it made the Wielder freeze.

A thick dark red almost black liquid laid in the hole making the room have an ominous feeling to it. Jean took a step back from the room as the memories of the Grail War's entered her mind. Her thoughts racing as she thought of what had happened the last time she got swallowed by the liquid. Her breathing became uneven as thoughts of what would happen if she accidentally gets caught in it came to mind. She barely was able to defeat her Alter self last time, she wasn't sure if she could defeat the female again. Especially with her mana more limited than when she was alive.