Ch. 5: Travelling

Jean stood in front of the goddess, a stern look on her face. "What should we do with her?" Mash questioned as she looked at Ishtar. The black-haired female was tied up in a chair in one of the many houses in Kutha. The group not really having an idea of what to do with her.

"Question her of course. We need to know about the Alliance," Jean stated, her gaze going to Mash for a second before turning back to Ishtar. "Before she wakes up however, I would like to do something," the girl walked up to the Rin look-alike. Her hand reached out to grab onto Ishtar's shoulder, only to be stopped by Fujimaru.

"Wait, what are you doing?" He asked, a slightly concerned look for the tied up female in his eyes.

"Copying her powers, obviously," she answered as she ripped her wrist away from the Master. Her hand landed on Ishtar's bare shoulder, a blue glow erupting beneath her hand as magic circuits appeared. Jean closed her eyes as she focused on Ishtar's spirit origin. After a few seconds, Jean recoiled back, her eyes widening slightly as she looked at her. 'What the heck?' She thought, a confused look on her face as she looked at the female.

"What's wrong?"

The older female shook her head, "Nothing. I'm fine. I was able to copy her spirit origin so I can use it in a fight later," she replied.

"Huh? What happened?" The tied up girl opened her eyes as she looked around the room. Her red eyes landed on the group, "Oh, good morning! Wait—" a slightly panicked look passed her face, "Who are you people?! Why am I tied up?!"

"Seems like she's completely forgotten what had happened," Jean said as she lifted herself to sit on the table across from Ishtar. "Look, all we want is for you to tell us all you know about the Three Goddess Alliance."

"That's it? Fine, I'll answer any questions to the best of my capability."

"Alright then, why exactly is the Alliance attacking Uruk?"

"We're in a competition. Whoever can get King Gilgamesh's Holy Grail wins and gains complete control over Uruk."

"What are the other goddess' true names?"

"I can't answer that. The Alliance made a pact to not reveal any of our true names to anyone. This means that I can't give out their names, even if you kill me."

"Fine," a small sigh left the Servant's lips before she focused on Ishtar once more. "How were you summoned?" She questioned, a determined look on her face. Out of all the questions, she wanted this one answered the most. She had no idea how Ishtar got ahold of her sister's body, especially when Rin was still alive and well in the future.

"I was summoned by the priestesses of the era unlike the other two who was summoned by a different power."

"The mage king?" Merlin piped up, shooting his own question.

"Who knows? It's not like it's any my business how they were summoned," the look of Ishtar's face turned to one of seriousness as she spoke. "Now, the night is no longer young. You really should've done your research on a place like this before coming."

Sounds started to come from outside, the group turning to the windows of the house. A couple of skeletal hands came through the window, reaching to grab the group. "It seems like all the ancestors from Kutha has decided to pay a visit to their homeland," Merlin pointed out as Ana swiped her scythe at one of the skeletons.

"We should retreat now, we got what we came for," Mash ran up the stairs to the roof as Ana spoke. The group started to head to the rooftop, Fujimaru cutting Ishtar free on the way up.

"There are so many," Mash stated as the group got to the roof. A horde of skeletons stood in front of the house, a few having weapons on them.

"I could've handled this if I was older," Ana voiced, a hint of annoyance in her voice.