Ch. 16: The Knight's Wish

The wings of Quezalcoatl's beasts flapped in the wind as they charged towards where Tiamat was. After some discussion, the heroes decided to stop the monster in her tracks. "You're almost there! Get ready to engage!" Romani called out. They could faintly hear a voice singing out from down below, it was a beautiful sound but it held an aura behind it of destruction. The group looked ahead seeing the ocean be corrupted by a red color with the Lahmu leading it towards the land. Tiamat stood in the center of it all, her long light blue hair cascaded down her shoulders and pooled at her feet. Her bangs covered her magenta eyes which held a hollow look in them. Her mouth was open, showing her sharp white teeth.

"There she is: Tiamat," Fujimaru said, his eyebrows furrowed as he tried to make sense of the situation. They couldn't touch the red muk surrounding her, one step in it could lead to corruption. They circled the area, "This is our only chance, let's go!"

The group flew closer to the monster only to be stopped by Tiamat's voice ringing to a higher pitch. "I can't--move!" Mash spoke behind Fujimaru, attempting to move any part of her body to block whatever Tiamat was doing.

"Tiamat's magic levels are getting higher! If she fires whatever she's storing mana for, it'll surely reach Uruk!" Romani spoke, panic lacing his voice.

"Continue generating mana through your body!" Diarmuid spoke from behind Quezalcoatl. "It'll allow you to move!" The beast that they were riding on flew back, retreating faintly as Ishtar followed them. Mash and Fujimaru took in the Lancer's words, pulling back the beast they were riding.

"We have to stop her," Fujimaru spoke, guiding the winged beast down.

Ishtar flew in front of him, "Wait! It's too dangerous!" she turned towards Tiamat, "Let me handle this. Although, please do be a dear and give me some mana, will you?" Ishtar flew up with her Boat of Maana as Fujimaru's hand glowed red from the Command Seal's.

"Right! Here you go Ishtar! You can do it!" with such simple words, an overflow of mana erupted inside of Ishtar.

"Just leave everything to me, Fujimaru!" she spoke as she smiled victoriously. Ishtar flew higher into the sky as a hole opened up. The hole caused everyone to be struck with amazement as it showed the galaxy, a singular planet started to fly closer to the hole. "Gate open!" she called out as her eyes turned gold. A small giggle left her as a key of sorts materialised in her hand. "Get ready to see my strongest attack!" she threw the key upwards into the planet, Venus.

The planet glowed a bright gold as it moved from behind Ishtar, the golden light fading into a magenta color. It warped into a long spear made up of mana. The purple light glowed beside her, the Boat of Maana spinning as Ishtar pointed her finger towards Tiamat to take aim. "Annihilate it! An Gal Ta Kigal Se!"

The magic flew from her makeshift bow, flying with great speed towards Tiamat. It rained down upon her, not giving her even a second to form a defense of any kind. The Noble Phantasm cause a huge pillar of smoke and water to come up as it made contact. The water came back down, causing a shockwave and knocking most of the Lahmu off course. "Yes!" Ishtar smirked as sweat dripped down her brow.

"Did it work?" Fujimaru asked, looking for an answer from Chaldea.

"Yeah, Tiamat's spirit origin is completely down. We just gotta wait for the Grail to pop up and we can bring you guys back!" Romani said, a huge smile of relief on his face.

Diarmuid stayed quiet, his mind rummaging with different thoughts. "What's that face for? We won, dear amigo!" Quezalcoatl faintly punched the Knight's arm.

"Something just seems off. That seemed almost too easy."

"Too easy? I literally dropped a planet on her! There's no way she's still alive," Ishtar spoke, crossing her arms. Just as she spoke, bubbles started to appear in the water.