Ch. 12: The Knight

It had been days since the group went to the Underworld. Every day put everyone on edge, the Northern Wall was still broken, Siduri was helping with sorting out Uruk as much as she could with Merlin, and Jean attempted to take Leonidas' place as general. It was tough, every day the Demonic Beasts attacked. Every day, they weren't sure if they would be able to hold them back. But they did. Every day.

"Forces are barely holding the northern wall, at this rate, the beasts will overrun Uruk," Jean spoke as her and Merlin walked into the ziggurat. It was nighttime and the beasts had stopped their attack for the day, allowing the day shift guards to have their rest while the night shift took action.

"I'm sure the others will be back shortly, and with Quezalcoatl's help I'm sure it's not that bad," Merlin spoke.

Jean's eye twitched, while she did enjoy the energy the goddess held she will admit she was a tad annoyed by it too. A small sigh left her, "Let's just give Siduri an update, okay?" She said, her shoulders slouching faintly and her body wanting nothing more than to lay down and sleep.

"Well what are you waiting for? We must pick up where we left off."

Jean rushed into the throne room at the voice she recognised, her eyes lit up. They honed in on the blonde king before her, she gently jogged to him with Merlin. "Yes! I have never been more happy to—" she stopped herself, "Wait, what the heck am I saying..." she muttered to herself, as she stopped in front of him and Siduri. Merlin stopped next to her, holding in a laugh at the fact that she seemed happy to see him. Jean shook her head, "I'm glad your back, that means that the others will be back soon and I can finally take a small break."

"Nonsense, we are in the middle of a war!"

"Oh look, my hatred for you is back."

<><><><><>

"Jean!"

The female ran towards Diarmuid, wrapping her arms around him in a hug. He reciprocated the hug, kissing her temple and she snuggled into his neck. "I'm glad you're okay. How was everything?" She pulled back from the hug, turning to the others to check if they were okay.

"It was good, we—uh—actually have something to talk to you about..." Fujimaru trailed off, he rubbed the back of his neck and gave a sheepish smile towards the female. Jean looked confusedly towards him before turning to her husband. He was looking at the the Chaldea Master with a faint look of worry, his eyebrows were furrowed and his lips tilted into a a frown.

Diarmuid closed his eyes and turned to Jean, "We need to talk. Somewhere a bit more private."

Jean nodded and motioned for them to follow her to the ziggurat, "Alright, Gilgamesh wanted to see you anyways." She led them to the building and up the stairs till they were at the throne room.

The blonde king stood from his spot on his throne, "Now that we are all present. Let us plan the battle against Gorgon."

"Before that there is something we need to talk about," Mash piped up. "It happened in the Underworld..."

"Mash! Be careful!"

Fujimaru called out to his Servant, the fight against Ereshkigal was a lot more tiresome than the fight against Quetzalcoatl. Mash was barely holding on with Diarmuid and Gilgamesh nor Ishtar was much help in the states they were in. His fists were tight and his eyes darted between the Servant's fighting.

'You might want to hold on.'

A deep voice rang through Fujimaru's head, catching him off guard. He looked around, hoping to find out where it came from. A cold touch could be felt on his shoulder, he moved to the side and as he did so everything seemed to slow down.