Epilogue: The Journey

My mother was a talented woman.

Wise.

Beautiful.

Strong.

At least, that's what she portrayed herself as and what I was always told by others of who she was. My father had a different story, he talked about how my mother was broken inside, that the trauma she endured while she was alive made her distant. But he also spoke about how she didn't let the trauma define her. My mother, Jean Tohsaka, died when I was young. My father told me everything about her. I cherished everything he said, and despite the thousands of stories I hear...I still don't know her.

It didn't seem like such a long time ago.

I was only so little when my mother passed. I remember the day my father told me. I had happened across him leaning heavily on the counter, his head turned to our wall of photos. His eyes were downcast and a look of longing was in them. I had asked him if he was okay which he simply replied "no".

It was then that he explained to me the connection they had. The connection most couples don't and only wished they ever had. My father told me that he could feel my mother, anytime she was close, around, even her feelings sometimes. In turn, she could feel the same. He told me how he felt empty inside, how the comforting and loving feeling he typically had for my mother was gone. Which in turn, meant she was gone.

It broke his heart.

And it broke mine.

I was close to my mother when I was younger. She was bright, strong, resourceful. Anytime I had a problem I knew I could come to her for an answer. I still have the heart shaped locket she gave to me when I was younger. She told me that she cherished it greatly, and that she gave it to me because she cherished me greatly. The tears I cried for her still are here to this day. Nothing can replace the love that mother had for me and I for her.

My father still stayed with me, working harder than any parent I know. He wanted to give me a life free of hardships, but everyone knows that it's only a matter of time before that dream is broken...

My mother was a strong mage, one of the best in centuries. But everyone has their limits, my moms limit?

It was when she was only eighteen.

She went through many hardships. But that didn't stop her from continuing on and it won't stop me either.