Ch. 17: The Will

Jean quickly dodged the swords and weapons headed her way, her eyes frantically searching for an opening. She let out a small scream as one of the swords landed right in front of her. She went to grab the sword so she could have something against the female, but it had already disappeared into golden particles.

"Shit," she muttered before jumping to the left to dodge an axe headed her way. Her legs screamed at the physical exertion, not used to it anymore as her powers had left her.

"Come on, dear grandmother, I do believe you haven't even landed a hit on me. Don't tell me that your all out of magic?" Allura spoke, a teasing tone in her voice. "I may have taken your spirit powers but as you said you are a Tohsaka."

Jean scoffed, 'Yeah but it's not like I trained to much in them,' she thought, mentally rolling her eyes. She didn't have anything on her and her powers as a Tohsaka mage were limited when she didn't have anything. She could only stall by dodging and shooting Gandr shots towards her enemy. She knew that the strategy wouldn't last long, but there wasn't anything else she could do.

<><><><><>

"So this is what Uruk looks like at night..." Diarmuid muttered, his arms crossed as he looked over the Ziggurat. The city had small torches lit up, making the city look like the festivals he was a part of in his previous life. However, unlike those festivals they were still in a War and the people down below were hurting. Some emotionally and some physically. Diarmuid let out a small sigh, worry seeping into his bones. They had a plan, but whether the plan would work or not, he didn't know. He only hoped that they could stall Tiamat long enough for Ereshkigal.

"Sir Ua Duibhne," the knight widened his eyes faintly at the sound of his title, not having heard it in many years. He turned slightly to see Elias, "Apologies for disturbing you sir, I just needed to talk to you."

Diarmuid nodded faintly as the Knight walked up to him, "What would you like to speak to me about?" he questioned, tilting his head slightly.

"It's about Lady Allura..." the knight muttered.

The Knight of Fianna's golden eyes dulled faintly as his eyebrows furrowed. "What about her?" he turned towards the city. "Is it about the fact that she is possesing Jean's body? Or the fact that she is actively trying to incinerate humanity?"

"Sir, you must understand. Lady Allura while wanting to destroy humanity wants to protect it as well," Elias pleaded slightly. Diarmuid turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"You can't seriously expect me to believe that. She tried killing us on numerous occasions and manipulated us to do her bidding."

"I'll admit that her methods are...in dire need of correction. But, she simply wants to protect the Mage Families of the world," Elias spoke. "That's how I got roped into this mess. My mother..." his blue eyes went to the wall that surrounded Uruk. "She didn't live for very long. Allura knew this and roped me into the Knight's. It wasn't until late that I realised why."

The male continued, "Allura wants to save the Mage's that have fallen. She wanted to save people who had died to the Grail War's and magic. Tokiomi Tohsaka, my own mother, her parents, hell even Mrs. Jean. She wanted to save all the people that had lost their families to Magic. Unfortunately, she had lost her way along the way. Instead of looking to solve problems in our time. She made a deal with the Mage King, we all did."

Diarmuid took a step away from Elias, his eyes narrowed as he uncrossed his arms. "If you're with the Mage King then why are you here?"

Elias raised his hands in defense, "I'm not with him. I had signed up and realised too late we were in the wrong. Because of this I decided to continue on and try to stop the Knight's who went back," the man defended himself. "Unfortunately," he lowred his arms. "I was too late to stop Allura from corrupting Mrs. Jean's mindset. Fujimaru and Mrs. Jean had met too late."