Ch. 18: Heroes Clash

The magic circle underneath Jean shined a bright white light. Allura backed up many feet, her eyes being blinded despite holding her arm up to block the light. Jean's body lifted faintly, the magic surrounding her giving her a feeling of comfort. She thought the Grail had given her peace at not feeling the pain of her granddaughters blow. However when she opened her eyes, she was faced with Allura's shocked expression. "That's impossible..." she muttered.

Jean had felt an immense power inside her and was suddenly very aware of the staff in her hands. It was black and had intricate carvings etched into it. The top of the staff was similar to her father's being a blue crystal incased in a silver hold instead of her fathers red and gold. Jean's eyes trailed down her white sleeved arms to a blue and white cloak. The cloak laid off her shoulders, showing a turtle neck black tank top with three blue gems encrusted into the centre. Her cloak laid over her body like a dress, and she could faintly feel the magic woven into the fabric.

"Huh...well that's interesting..." Jean muttered, still looking at herself. She was standing in a faded summoning circle, and before long it faded into nothingness. Jean felt the immense power through her, and it made her smile. She looked confidently towards Allura, "Let's try this again. Shall we?"

In a split second, Jean was behind Allura already shooting a spell at her back. The Wielder quickly turned around, her sword blocking most of the shot. The now white clad female moved quickly as Allura gathered up her strength and activated the Gate of Babylon again. Jean stopped, blue lightning crackling around her in the form of magic as she threw her hand in front of her. "Schild des Windes," she chanted, a powerful gust of wind stopped the weapons in their tracks. "Einfahren," the weapons flew back towards Allura.

Allura swiped her arm forwards, all the weapons from the Gate deflecting the weapons thrown back at her. The girl didn't give Jean the chance to fire another attack, her King of Heroes garb changing to her normal armor as she charged towards her ancestor.

She swung her sword towards her, Jean blocking the attack with her staff. The girl took in a deep breath, feeling the force of the blow reverberate through her bones. Her feet started to slip, despite this, she glared at Allura. Her legs glowed with magic circuits, "Verteidigung verstärken," she called and she felt a force of strength enter through her. The two continued the weapon lock, neither side gaining any ground.

"How is this possible? You were out of power. You're mind was empty. How?" Allura asked, fury in her voice.

"That's a good question. One that I do not even know," Jean spoke, shaking her head faintly. She moved the lock to the side, effectively making Allura head forwards. Jean's fist swelled with magic as she hit the Servant in the stomach, blowing her back. "Despite that. I was given another chance to fight. So I will."

<><><><><>

Diarmuid and Mash stood behind Elias, the group heading closer to Tiamat with Quezalcoatl and Ishtar near them. Elias kneeled to the beast, "If you could buy me time now," a light indigo glyph appeared under him. "That would be greatly appreciated," he spoke.

Diarmuid and Mash continued to keep the Lahmu and Ushiwakamaru at bay. Elias body was surrounded by magic, attracting even more of the Lahmu. Ushiwakamaru charged towards Elias, but was stopped by a spear in the stomach.

"Benkei!" Mash smiled at the sight of the Servant.

"Allow me to handle Lord Ushiwakamaru," he spoke, jumping on one of the Lahmu that was helping Ushiwakamaru.

"Lady Quezalcoatl, if you wouldn't mind. Please be in position by the time I'm done using my Noble Phantasm," Elias spoke.

"Sí! You can count on me!" The blonde goddess cheered, matching her way through the Lahmu at great speed.