Ch. 9: Battle Wounds

"So, let me get this straight...I'm not allowed into the so-called meeting because goldie locks doesn't want me a part of it?" Jean put her hands on her hips, annoyed as she looked at the guards. The two nodded, keeping her away from the throne room as much as possible. "I'm gonna kill him..." she muttered, turning away from the entrance of the ziggurat. "And here I was thinking that we were making progress..."

She walked down the steps of the ziggurat, annoyance still painted on her face. 'One minute, we're having a great time taking down the Three Goddess Alliance together, and the next he's kicking me out of meetings and thinking I'm worthless,' she thought. The female rubbed the back of her neck as she thought, she stopped where she was as an idea hit her. 'I am a mage...' she turned to the ziggurat, her eyes looking towards the roof. 'And I do know stealth magic...'

Just as she was about to head towards the ziggurat to try once again to get into the meeting, an explosion from behind her stopped her from doing so. Jean whipped her head around to see a guard rushing up the steps to her, "Mrs. Jean! The goddess of the jungle is attacking the front! She's killing everyone she runs into!"

The female turned from the guard to the smoke in the distance, "Go inform Gilgamesh and Fujimaru. Tell them that I'm heading towards the fight!" She didn't give the man much time to respond as she already started to rush towards the fight ahead. It didn't take the Servant long to find the goddess, she was throwing up humans as if they were bouncy balls. "Everyone take a step back and protect the kids!" she ordered, her weapon appearing in her hand as she did so.

The guards followed her orders, taking steps back and giving the girl space to fight the woman off. The goddess got to her, she was a tall woman with long wavy blonde hair that had a headdress on it that made her taller. The headdress was gold with vibrant green and red leaves coming out of the gold part. She wore a very short red poncho with golden tassels, her bottom half was covered by a red, green, and gold cloth. The goddess eyes were a bright pale green color and her bangs were covering them, making her look creepy to anyone who looked towards the female. The goddess wore some golden and bronze armor, but it wasn't much, only covering her knees and wrists.

'Seems more hand-to-hand than secondary combat,' Jean quickly analysed. 'She's definitely strong, but I'm sure I've handled stronger.' 

"Oh? Are you the next person I'm going to fight, chica?" the woman asked cheerfully.

"That depends on if you're planning to go further. If you take one more then yes, I'll be fighting you."

"Well then...let's get started!" the blonde ran towards the Servant at a great speed, making Jean back up slightly and barely block the attack headed her way. She flew back but was able to regain her footing and shoot toward the assaulter. She swung her sword towards the goddess, only to have it fly from her hand behind her and a kick to the stomach. Jean flew back once more, this time unable to catch her footing or her breath until she hit the stairs of the ziggurat. A metallic taste entered the girl's mouth, making her spit up blood.

"She is so dead," Jean spoke, spitting out the rest of the blood in her mouth as she stood up with a harsh glare on her face.

"Mrs. Jean!" the red-haired girl didn't pay any mind to the Shielder behind her before she rushed towards the goddess. She dodged the first attack from the blonde and was able to land one of her own on the goddess' side. Jean gripped the blonde's head and attempted to slam the girl's face down onto her knee. But the woman grabbed the female's waist and flipped the Servant onto the ground, effectively breaking the girl's ribs. The Tohsaka winced at the feeling of her broken ribs and struggled to stand up, only to take a powerful punch to the stomach.

Jean flew back once more into the ziggurat stairs, struggling to get up and face the goddess. She breathed heavily, but every breath hurt. The female glowed blue as she attempted to heal her wounds.