Ch. 19: Noble Phantasm

Allura seethed. She didn't know what power the girl tapped into, but it was pissing her off. Allura wasn't as good at magic as Jean was; she spent most of her training with projection and using sword skills. Magic-wise, she never tapped into it. She didn't want to. Now, that flaw was hitting her. Literally.

"What am I planning to throw at you?" the girl's eye twitched as her hands glowed, "This is what I'm planning to throw at you!" The stars in the battlefield twinkled as the woman spoke her spell, "The stars that guide the warriors, shine your light and ensnare their enemy, Astral Catcher!"

Jean's eyes widened as she attempted to dodge the oncoming streaks of light. The Battlefield of Heroes was already dwindling her magic supply, to have the stars trap her was another disadvantage that she did not want. The girl turned and spun her staff around, gems appeared in front of her, and with one swipe of the staff, they charged toward the lights.

The streaks of light broke through the gems easily and grabbed ahold of the girl. The light streaks burned her skin and she could feel it sapping away her energy. This was the true power of the Astral Catcher, despite its offensive personality, it was not nearly as strong as the Chains of Heaven. Jean could already feel the streaks power melting away as Allura came closer to her. The power to hold the girl was taking much energy, making the Wielder slower than usual. A long spear appeared in her hand and she was certain that the girl was going to kill her with it.

"Allura," Jean spoke softly, any hint of animosity toward the girl faded away as she saw the look in Allura's eyes. The tiredness behind her blue orbs, the wrinkles in her skin as she furrowed her eyesbrows. The girl recognised it well. Despite how much anger was in this girl, she was still broken and hurt from the trauma that went on in her life. "Do you really believe that the Mage King will allow you the wish you want? Do you really believe he wants to create this world with no hurt? Do you truly believe that its possible?"

The girl stopped for a moment before her face steeled itself. "Yes, I do. The Mage King will give us what we want as long as we stand with him. A world without hurt must happen in order for us to be saved." The words seemed almost robotic as she spoke. She lifted her spear, ready to push it through the girls chest. "I will not let you take that away from us."

Jean looked twoard the girl with sadness before ripping her hand out of the light, grabbing onto the spear in front of her. "Then I'm sorry, but I must stop you."

<><><><><>

Diarmuid and Mash worked flawlessly together, helping each other with protecting Elias. The man's body was covered in cracks and his outfit was slowly ripping from the seams. His body started glowing, small particles breaking away from him. Mash could see it from the corner of her eye, "Sir Elias!" she called worriedly, she took the brute force of a Lahmu at her shield but that didn't matter to her at the moment. Diarmuid skewered the Lahmu and threw it toward the others.

His golden eyes looked between the two before stopping on Mash, "Go," he said before continuing to protect the two. The girl didn't waste a second, rushing to the Spirit's side.

"Sir Elias, you're falling apart. You must stop immediately or you'll fade away."

"Sorry," he mumbled, a small smile on his face. "I can't do that..." his eyes never tore away from the beast. "I was never a good listener. To Allura. To my King. To the other knights. I've never been good at listening to orders." His lips tilted down into a frown, he could feel the last bit of mana leaving his body, he could see Tiamat started to move as his hold grew weaker. Finally, he looked away from the beast, his power fading as the last of his mana disappeared from his body. "Especially to you, Ma." Mash froze in her spot as the man slowly disappeared. "I never listened. I guess I should've..." and in just a couple of seconds, Elias was gone and Fujimaru was in his place.