Ch. 20: Uruk's Last Stand

Jean took in a deep breath as she looked around herself. Lahmu we're flying all around her and the power of Tiamat flowed underneath her. Tiamat stood a few feet from her, her body tall as she stood back up. Her magenta eyes caught sight of Jean and let out a screech that seemed like singing. The girl immediately moved away from the beast, her blue eyes searching for land. They caught onto bright pink hair and Jean automatically flew towards Gorgon.

"...where are they?" Jean questioned as soon as she caught up towards the snake.

"They had gone back to Uruk. I suggest you hurry, while I am powerful, Tiamat will destroy me," Gorgon spoke, but a hint of the nodded girl was in her voice. It seemed kinder than the harsh words the Tiamat-Gorgon had spoken.

Jean bowed her head slightly, "Thank you for your help...Ana," she turned towards the land and shot forwards. Her hair whipped her in face as she moved quickly through the air. She could faintly see the wall that surrounded Uruk. The Ziggurat stood tall and as she flew she could feel Tiamat behind her moving forward from killing Gorgon.

She flew over the wall and saw the destruction that had hit the city. Her eyebrows furrowed as she watched the Lahmu wreak even more havoc upon Uruk. But she stayed in the air, heading towards the ziggurat.

"Mash there's a Servant incoming! I don't recognise it...wait—"

Mash turned in the direction of where she felt the Heroic Spirit and her eyes widened at the sight of her. "Mrs. Jean!" She shouted, "It's Mrs. Jean!"

Jean landed on the side of the ziggurat and smiled towards everting as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Sorry I'm late everyone."

Diarmuid didn't waste another second, bringing her into a tight hug. "I thought I'd lost you."

Jean returned the hug, "I just had somethings to deal with."

Diarmuid pulled back from the embrace, "What of Allura?" His golden eyes held worry as well as confusion of the girls new outfit.

"Allura has passed."

"Wait, wait, wait," Romani's voice could be heard from the other side of the communicator. "You're telling me that the person—the Servant in front of you is Jean?"

"Yes, she's stopped Allura and regained control of her body," Fujimaru spoke.

"But..." Romani's shocked voice trailed off. "But she's..."

Jean raises an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "I'm what?"

"I think what Romani's is trying to say is that over in Chaldea. According to our sensors, you're labelled as a Ruler Class Servant."

Jean's eyes widened slightly, "But...but..."

"Now you know what I'm saying!" Romani's voice echoed.

Tiamat's screech broke the team out of their thoughts, the screech telling the team she was now in sight of Uruk. "This is the moment," Gilgamesh's power started to circle around him as he brought for his catalyst. "Uruk's last stand. Stand and bear witness," golden words from an unknown language circled around him. Lights appeared above the Dingir's, moving them slight on Gilgamesh's command.

"But how are the Dingir's working without anyone to work them?" Romani questioned, pure confusion in his voice.

"Ha!" Gilgamesh laughed at Romani, "Who do you think I am? I created all 360 Dingir's with my bare hands! With my magic, I can control them all!" The Dingir's fired towards Tiamat, hitting the beast as well as she Lahmu surrounding her.

Jean's staff appeared in her hands, "Then allow me to give you a boost," the gem on the staff glowed brightly. The area around the Ruler swirled with magical energy, "Strive to consistently maintain the flow," Jean's magic moved towards Gilgamesh and the gold of his power brightened. "Machtstreit!"