Ch. 22: Forgiven

The words felt odd on Jean's tongue. She never thought she'd say those words to the blonde in front of her. She told his previous self that she'd rather trust a dog to watch her food. To say that now to him in this life or death situation, it was felt strange to her. She shook her head to get rid of the thoughts before speaking. "Once Mash deploys her Lord Camelot, we only have a small window to deal a killing blow to Tiamat."

"Yes, however, only one of us can," Merlin added. "Nega Genesis tries to create new life by denying established life. So only the living can enter."

The group turned to Fujimaru, their eyes wide as the realization that only he can fight hit them. The Master clenched his fist, determination shining in his blue eyes. "I'll go," he said, not leaving anyone to give any form of argument against him going.

"Well, I hope so. You're the only one technically alive," Jean said as she held his shoulder. "Remember what I taught you."

"And what was that exactly?" Fujimaru joked, he expected a laugh from the girl but his head hurt as she smacked him.

"I swear you're worse than Waver," she replied, her eyes rolling faintly. "Just aim for the head. Gilgamesh, can you lend him a dagger?"

One of the portals from the Gate of Babylon opened and with it a dagger with a jaggad blade came out. Gilgamesh tossed it to Fujimaru, who caught it expertly. Ereshkigal looked worriedly at the field as she struggled to keep her Noble Phantasm deployed. She looked to the side toward Fujimaru, "But, inside that thing my authority won't be effected!" she spoke, her eyes going back to the field.

"Alright then, I'll use my Noble Phantasm. It'll pave a path for you," Merlin spoke, his voice going back to its lightheartedness. He knew this plan would work, it had to. It was the only plan they had left at their disposal.

"The rest of us will deal with the other Lahmu while you deal with Tiamat. I'm sure they'll try to knock you down once they realise our plan to stop her," Diarmuid said. "They will not get past us again."

"We don't have much time," Ereshkigal's grip wavered on her lance. "I'm losing the field, you need to hurry!"

Merlin held his staff in front of him as Mash closed her eyes, the two concentrating on the mana within them. A pink glyph with a flower motif materialised underneath the Grand Caster, "From the stars of the inner sea and the tower of insight!"

"With my true name revealed, I stand amid disaster," Mash's voice was firm as she quoted the start of her Noble Phantasm. Ereshkigal's power wavered, Nega Genesis moving closer to the group as Tiamat slowly began to move.

"From the four corners of paradise, let them know their stories is filled with blessings," Merlin's power showed as the area around them swelled with his pink flowers. The tower that he resides in hanged above them for a moment as he called upon his Noble Phantasm. "Only those free of sin may pass!"

"That which heals all wounds, and holds all grudges," Mash's armor grew a cape, her armor reinforcing itself as she opened her eyes. "Glorious homeland, materialise!" she called as she picked up her shield. She slammed it onto the ground in front of her, "Lord Camelot!" the shield grew a blue glyph with a cross in the middle, the area around them building the castle of Great Britain. Nega Genesis grew over the shield, protecting those within it as Tiamat broke through Ereshkigal's shrine.

"Garden of Avalon!" Merlin's flowers flew forward, guiding Fujimaru as he jumped into the field that Tiamat created. Ereshkigal collapsed into the field of flowers, Ishtar running to her aid. Jean and Diarmuid looked behind them, a Lahmu laughing as it charged toward them.

Jean held her staff in front of her, "Neun, Acht, Sieben," she chanted. Small particles of lights shined brightly before forming into three spear like icicles, "Stil, schießt Beschießen, Erschießung!" With one wave of her staff, the three spears shot toward the Lahmu. Two of the spears hit the ground harshly, the area around the Lahmu exploding into a huge blast of fire. The last spear hit the Lahmu directly into the chest. The ice quickly encased its being, not letting the beast attack.