Ch. 21: The Battle for the Underworld

"You freaking knew?!"

Annoyance at Merlin's smile grew as Jean shook him. "A nice warning would've been nice!"

"Wait, Merlin, how are you here anyway?" Mash tilted her head in thought as she looked at the Ruler shaking the Caster.

"Oh, I just hopped over from Avalon."

Jean's hands dropped from Merlin's hold as the group stared at him in shock. "You what?"

"I'm not very fond of goodbyes, especially one such as separation by death. So, I decided to bend the rules a bit," Merlin explained, his smile not leaving his face. He raised his hand and one of the flowers fluffed up. "I am the Mage of Flower's, this is only a support to my reputation. You can go ahead and praise me now." He winked, the flower in his hand disappearing as he waited for the praise of showing up.

"And here I thoguth we were done with the arrogant pricks for today," Jean stated, rolling her eyes as she looked over towards Tiamat. "It seems as though we don't have time for a reunion. Tiamat's got her wings back." The horns behind Tiamat's body glowed as firey wings sprouted from her back. "If she takes off back to Uruk, we're done for. Underworld's defenses won't work on her in the world of the living."

The ground shook violently as Tiamat got prepared to take off. "Fujimaru, this journey you have been on as been your hardest yet. This beast is the strongest aversary you have faced so far and all of your journey has led up to this moment. She has no fear and has no natural enemy, she has never met the one known as death. However...he is here. He was not summoned by Gilgamesh nor the Mage King's will. No, it was your own will as to why he is here, Ritsuka Fujimaru!"

Jean's eyes widened as she sensed the strong presence, it seemed to hold as much power as Gilgamesh had when she was alive. Despite the strong presence, it was overwhelmed by the suffocating power that came from Tiamat. "Now! Look up to the face of your own death, Beast II!"

As if following Merlin's orders, Tiamat looked up to a hooded figure on one of the ledges of the Underworld. His voice echoed through the cavern, "All that begins must end," his body erupted into blue flames, showing what looked like one of the hundred Hassan's from the Fourth Grail War. "Do not touch the sky," Tiamat's eyes glowed and fired a shot towards the Assassin, he jumped from the attack, heading for Tiamat. His cracked sword was held in his two hands as he charged towards the beast. "For by my word, your wings shall be stripped from you!"

The swordsman barely looked like he was attacking from how fast he used his weapon. Tiamat's attacks towards him didn't do much as he dodged and sliced through the attacks. The goddess' body had blue scars etched into her body as she was attacked. "This is it, Tiamat has learned the concept of death! If you guys hurry, you can comepletely eradicate the beast!"

"Then what are we waiting for, we don't have much time!" Jean's staff glowed as she held energy into the staff. Her eyes narrowing at the beast. Ishtar fired the first shot, her beams of light hitting Tiamat as she sang in protest.

"Alright, our turn," Jean and Merlin's staff's crossed as blue and pink energy mingled together. Streaks of magic shot towards Tiamat, hitting her as she focused an attack on Mash. The black light hit the shield of the Servant, but she held her ground.

"Mash!" Fujimaru's hand glowed as he supported his Servant with magic.

"I'll help too!" Ereshkigal's magic circled around Tiamat's body, blue flames coming up from the ground as she willed the Underworld to attack. "Feel the wrath of Kur!" she shouted as the red spears from before rained down onto Tiamat. The beast let out a screech as she started to move towards the walls, her hands gripping onto the wall.