Gally Reacts to You Thinking You're Heavy

You and Gally had been dating for a few months in the Glade, and despite his stubborn nature, you both really cared for each other.

Today had been a long day of building for Gally and running the maze for you, so now you were settled on Gally's lap on a log by the campfire. The other boys had gone to bed but Gally usually stayed up later and you stayed up with him. You had, however, been sitting on Gally's lap for a long time and you were growing increasingly uncomfortable, worried that Gally was thinking you were heavy.

Finally, you couldn't take it anymore and stood. Gally's face immediately fell.

"Why'd you get up?" He huffed, using his usual anger to mask the hurt he felt.

"I've been sitting on you for an hour, I must be getting heavy." You said.

"Come back." He ordered.

"Come on, Gally, I don't want to crush you." You argued.

"What are you even talking about?" He stood, and you sighed.

"I mean... look at me." You said, gesturing to yourself. "I'm bigger and heavier than most of the guys here."

"Not me!" Gally sputtered, now thoroughly confused.

"No, not you, but still... don't you think I'm a little heavy?"

"No! That's dumb!" Gally protested, grabbing your hand.

"Thanks a lot, Gally, good to know you think my insecurities are dumb." You snapped, turning away and crossing your arms. Gally flushed, realizing how insensitive he sounded.

"Shuck it, y/n, I'm sorry." He said, standing up and wrapping you in a gigantic bear hug.

"I didn't mean that... it's just, you're perfect, and I don't understand why you don't see that."

"I'm not too heavy?" You mumbled, turning to bury your face in his chest.

"No! Not at all. You're not allowed to say that anymore, either, Captain's orders," He whispered back, running his calloused fingers through your hair.

"Can we sit back down now?"

You pulled away, teasing him by saying, "What's the magic word?"

Gally's face flickered from confusion to annoyance as he sighed, rolled his eyes, and corrected, "Can we sit back down... please."

"Yes." He pulled you back on his lap and wrapped you tighter in his arms.

"See now, isn't that better."

"Mhmm." You hummed, completely comfortable