Gally Wants Your Attention

You and Gally had been dating for a few months in the Glade, and during that time you had gotten to know three important things about Gally.

1. Gally needed a lot of attention

2. Gally would never ever ask for that attention

3. You were supposed to somehow read his mind and figure out when he needed attention

You usually didn't mind so much, and you were good at reading his body language, but in the last week, Gally had been upset because you failed to notice his needs. That was the last straw. You demanded that when he wanted attention, he asked you for it, or the relationship wasn't going to work.

That had been two weeks ago, and you and Gally still weren't on speaking terms.

Gally had been a distracted miserable mess, staring at you working with Frypan.

"You have to say something to y/n, Gally." Newt tried to reason with him. Gally ignored Newt, his eyes not leaving the kitchens.

Newt sighed and nudged him over to the planks he was nailing to a wall.

"You have to say something soon, or you're going to drive us all crazy with this moping."

"I'm not moping." Gally snapped, slamming the hammer down on a nail, pounding it into the wood in one blow. "Besides. What do I even say? Y/n hates me."

"I really don't think that's true." Newt observed, handing Gally another nail.

"Yeah, and you would know." Gally huffed, driving another nail deep into the wood.

"You could just say you're sorry...? You have to do something, Gally, the other builders were complaining-"

"Who?! Who said something?! I'll pound that shank into the..." Gally trailed off and looked down at the splintered handle of the hammer, broken off in his hand.

"Maybe I should talk to y/n." He mumbled, and Newt nodded.

"Go, I'll cover for you."

Gally trudged across the Glade sullenly, knocking on the kitchen doors. Frypan answered, puzzlement on his face.

"Did you need-"

"Where's y/n." Gally's voice was low and threatening; Frypan wasn't about to ask questions. He dumbly pointed into the room and Gally strode past him.

"Out." He ordered to the rest of the kitchen aids. They hurried to escape, leaving Gally staring at y/n.

"What do you want, Gally?" Y/n asked, crossing her arms.

Gally opened his mouth, then shut it again. His mind went blank.

"Gally? Did you need something?"

For the first time in your relationship, you say Gally blush. His face went completely pink and he mumbled something you couldn't hear at the floor.

"What?" You asked, trying not to completely melt at the pleading expression on his face.

"I'm sorry... I would like some attention, please."

His gruff voice sounded soft saying the words and you giggled. He flushed even harder, and his eyebrows scrunched in angry embarrassment as he turned to leave.

"No, Gally, come here." You ran up behind him and wrapped your arms around him.

"I'm sorry, too. And thank you... I know that wasn't easy."

Gally turned quickly, smothering you in a bear hug. When he finally pulled away and you could breathe again, he mumbled, "So, we're ok?"

You giggled again, grabbing his hand.
"Yes. Captain."

"Well. Good then." Gally grunted, taking a deep breath. He stood straighter, taking on his usual commanding nature, and muttered quick, "I'd better get back to work," Before scrambling out the door. He left you giggling to yourself, thankful you two had made up.