Gally Reacts to a Piggy-Back Ride

You were bored to death. It was only your second month in the Glade, but you were already fed up with the same old routine. You had thought and thought about what to do to shake things up a little bit, but you couldn't think of anything. You thought about the problem as you walked to the kitchens for dinner.

Suddenly you saw Gally talking to some of his builders, and an idea was sparked. It might not shake things up too much, but you were very curious to see how he would react. And being the spontaneous and reckless person you were, you ran as fast as you could over to Gally. In a single bound, you jumped onto his back piggy-back style.

"ONWARD!" You yelled in his ear.

"Y/N WHAT THE LITERAL SHUCK!" He hollered back, turning this way and that to try and see you. You only held on tighter.

"Gally, I said ONWARD!"

Gally hesitated for a second, seriously thinking about flipping you over his head right then and there. But he got a better idea. Grinning evilly, he took off full speed across the Glade. You held on tightly, giggling your head off. You closed your eyes for just a second to enjoy the ride, and suddenly felt yourself being tossed into the air.

You had time for one scream before landing head-first in the Glade's pond.

You emerged, sputtering and coughing up pond water, to Gally standing on the edge, arms crossed, a devious smile on his face. The other Gladers had all gathered around, cheering loudly and congratulating Gally.

He turned around to face them, and you seized that moment to grab his waist. Using your body weight as leverage, you fell back into the pond, pulling Gally with you.

He jumped up, furious and dripping, and stared at you for a moment. You exploded with laughter at the expression on his face, and he allowed himself a tiny smile before scowling at you.

You grinned and splashed him. He glared and splashed back. The other Gladers, not to be outdone, leapt into the pond with you and an every-man-for-himself splash and dunk battle began.

At the end of the day, you sat with Gally, a blanket wrapped around the two of you, right next to the bonfire. You put your head on his shoulder. All in all, a wonderful day in the Glade.