Gally Reacts to You Mumbling His Name Asleep

Another day in the Safe Haven, another day of mindless work and trying to forget. You were exhausted, as usual. You never could sleep for any long period of time. Your good friend, Gally, understood. He got the same nightmares. You two had met in the Safe Haven and bonded almost immediately. You both had been builders in your Mazes, and had a lot in common.

Tonight, your eyelids were heavy as you sat around the fire.

"Hey, did you eat?" Gally asked. He seemed to like being overprotective of someone, and that someone apparently was you.

"Yeah, I had something earlier," You replied.

"Ok." He sat down with his plate. "You want to walk down by the water later?"

"No, not tonight."

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah, just tired," You replied.

"You're always tired."

"Thanks for reminding me." You smiled, knowing Gally didn't mean anything by it.

"Do you want to go to bed then?"

"No..." You said, hesitating. Gally understood.

"Nightmares again?" He asked.

"I really don't want to talk about it."

"Yeah, me neither."

You leaned on his shoulder, and he put down his plate so his arm wouldn't move and disturb you. He cleared his throat nervously, but you didn't notice. You had closed your eyes for just one second because they felt so heavy... you really were tired... when was the last time you'd slept? When... tired...

Gally half-smiled as he felt your breathing even out in sleep. He carefully reached his arm around you, pulling you into his lap. Then he picked you up, cradling you in his arms.

"Hey, Gally-"

"Shh!" Gally scowled at the speaker and gestured to your sleeping form. The poor boy backed slowly away.

Gally carried you to your hut and put you gently on your cot. He covered you with your favorite blue blanket, then turned to leave.

"Gally..." You mumbled in your sleep and rolled over with a smile on your face.

Gally blushed seven shades of red and had a stupid grin on his face as he walked out of your hut.

"What's with you?" Minho asked as Gally went back to the fire?"

"What?" Gally asked, forcing his face into his usual glare.

"You're blushing," Minho teased, "Does this have something to do with that good-looking kid from the other Maze?"

"No! Shut up, Minho. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure, you don't," Minho smiled into his plate of stew.

"Slim it shank, before I come over there and mess up that perfect hair of yours," Gally threatened.

"No, not the hair!" Minho gasped; pretending to be afraid.

Gally decided to just ignore him and picked up his own plate.

"You know... you're allowed to be happy." Minho said suddenly.
"What're you babbling on about now?" Gally sighed.

"I mean... you can be with y/n if they make you happy. You don't have to be miserable all the time. I know... I know it can feel like you have to because you don't deserve happiness. I felt that way too, when WCKD had me. They get inside your head..."

"Shut up, Minho," Gally replied, hiding his feelings behind his mask.

"Alright. Just something to think about." Minho stood and walked out, clapping Gally's shoulder as he did so.

And Gally sat by the fire for a long time... thinking.