Gally Reacts to His Friend Hitting You

You and Gally were often teased a great deal about your relationship. With his stoic reputation and hard attitude, there wasn't a lot of material for teasing, so the guys of the Glade had settled on you. You didn't mind it; you and Gally would laugh about it afterward. He even had a habit of making up gossip about you just to keep them entertained. Gally was a softie at heart.

Tonight, Gally was hanging out with his Builder friends around the campfire. You and Newt had a meeting to discuss a new row in the garden, as you worked in supplies and Newt with the trackhoes.

Gally alone, and you with another boy for the night, naturally developed some good-natured teasing around the bonfire.

"So, that partner of yours finally got sick of you, did they?"

"Yeah, Gally, what'd you do to drive them away?"

"Guess Captain Gally isn't so hot anymore, are you shank?"

Gally considered yelling at the group, then he was struck with a better idea. Looking very hurt and angry (which didn't take much acting; he was always angry) Gally exclaimed,

"Fine! Fine, rub it in. Y/n's cheating on me with Newt, shout it for the whole Glade to hear! See if I care."

Here Gally stormed off, rather smugly, proud of the way he had escaped the situation so easily.

The Builders, however, were not as happy. They were, in fact, furious.

Not knowing Gally had been lying, they decided that no one would cheat on their Captain and go unpunished.

Meanwhile, you and Newt had just strolled back to camp from the Deadheads, where you had been discussing the new garden.

Peter, one of the more hot-headed Builders, stormed to face you, backed by Hank and Alec.

"Y/n!" He shouted. You looked up, surprised, at the angry look on his face.

"Boys, what's up?"

"What's up?" Hank scoffed. "You're walking back from the nice private Deadheads practically holding Newt's hand, and ask us what's up?"

"Guys, what's going on?" Newt tried to intervene.

"Slim it, Newt! You're half the problem. If you weren't lame I'd punch you here and now."

Newt's face flushed red: his limp was a touchy subject.

"Now see here-" he started, but before he could finish, Peter took a step forward and punched you square in the face.

"PETER WHAT THE SHUCK!?" You screamed, holding your broken nose.

"PETER WHAT THE SHUCK?!" Newt screamed, drawing his machete from around his waist and moving in front of you.

Peter's eyes flickered with fear for a second before fear was replaced with rebellion.

"You two started it! Y/n how could you cheat on Gally?! And of course, it's with Newt, the one person Gally can't touch. You know if it was anyone else they'd be dead!"

"What are you talking about, Peter? I didn't cheat on Gally!" You protested.

"That's not what he told us!"

"PETER?!"

"Oh shuck."

That's when everything descended into pandemonium.

Gally tackled Peter and set about reshaping his face while Hank and Alec tried to drag him off. Newt stood over you, machete in hand, eyes blazing, ready to fight anyone who got too close. You sat on the cold ground, blood dripping from your broken nose.

This was the scene the Baggers arrived at.

Everyone ended up in the slammer for the night to, "cool their heels" as Alby decreed.

After a quick visit to the medjacks to get your broken nose set and bandaged, and a brief meeting with Alby to explain, you headed right to the slammer. Still pressing an ice pack against your face, you nodded to the Bagger guards and kneeled by the first cell.

"Gally, what the literal shuck? Did you tell Peter I cheated on you? I would never! I was with Newt to talk about the gardens, you know that! I thought you trusted me!"

"Yeah. I know, it was a joke, babe! Honestly, I do trust you! It was a lame joke to get back at the guys for teasing me. I never thought he'd hit you! No one hits you and gets away with it. When I get out of here-"

"No, Gally, you'll make things worse. Promise me you won't do anything to Peter?"

"The shank needs to be punished!"

"He will be! Alby has it all worked out. Peter and his buddies will be staying in the slammer at night for three weeks. You and Newt will be let out tomorrow because you were only trying to help me. But if you kill Peter, who knows how long you'll be stuck in here! Come on, Gally, let this one go, please? It was a misunderstanding."

"...alright. But I don't let him off that easy. I'll work those shanks like dogs from now on."

Loud groaning was heard from the other cells, and you and Gally chuckled.

You reached your hand through the bars, and he pressed it against his cheek.

"Thanks for protecting me, Captain." You whispered.

"You're welcome." He whispered back.

And both of you smiled.