Gally Asks You Out

Living in the Safe Haven was an interesting blend of typical life and the life of a survivor. Some things were normal. The houses, the food, the work we did day to day. But there was always that feeling of loss. There were always those memories that popped up every now and again. But for the most part, we tried to move on.

I worked closely with Gally. I wouldn't have called us friends. More like allies. We kept each other alive. So it wasn't a surprise when Gally said he wanted to talk to me after work.

"Y/n?" Gally said, standing up.

"Hey," I said, walking into his hut. I looked around at the mess and said, "I love what you've done with the place."

Gally choked out a laugh. He looked extremely uncomfortable. Surprised, I walked over to him.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I... wanted to talk to you."

I sat down beside him.

"What about?"

"How're you doing?" He muttered, avoiding my eyes.

"Fine," I said, thoroughly confused.

"I meant... you broke up with Minho a couple months ago, right?"

"Oh," I sighed, "Yeah."

"So, how're you doing with... that."

"I'm really ok with it. We weren't good together."

"No, you weren't," Gally said forcefully.

"Is that what you wanted to talk to me about? As much as I appreciate you checking in on me..."

"Will you go out with me?" Gally said suddenly.

"What?" I asked, wondering if I'd heard him right.

"Will you go out with me."

"Like a date?"

"Yes, like a date."

"I didn't know you liked me like that," I said.

"I do. Go out with me?"

"Um... ok?" I was caught off guard, but I did really like Gally. I hadn't realized just how much I liked him until that moment.

"Great," Gally said, standing up. "Tonight, then, I guess."

"Sure... seven?"

"Seven."

"Ok."

I walked awkwardly to the door. Just as I got there, I turned back around to say something, and Gally wrapped me in a huge hug.

"Thank you," He mumbled.

I hugged back. "I can't wait."