Gally Reacts to SnowFalling Day (Christmas Edition)

The first snowfall of the Glade marked the beginning of a huge Glade celebration. Partly because the boys of the Glade, having forgotten birthdays, holidays, and family, needed to celebrate something. Partly to mark the passing of another year. Either way, it was a huge day for everyone in the Glade. After a previous bad experience with the nearly fifty boys all trying to get presents for each other, Alby decided that each boy would pick another boy's name and get just that boy a gift.

This obviously caused problems in and of itself, but they were significantly smaller than the gift-free-for-all, and mostly resolved themselves. Everyone participated.

Everyone, that is, except Gally. No one wanted to pick Gally's name, and no one wanted Gally to pick them either. Gally was notorious for being against everything about the celebration. Except for the fight ring, that was the one part he enjoyed. Any gift he got for anyone was usually awful. One time he got a boy a literal rock because he forgot until the minute of the exchange. And he would always complain about whatever perfectly nice and thoughtful gift anyone got for him.

That was why when you drew Gally's name from the pot Frypan had donated for the drawing, they were given lots of sympathetic glances. You didn't mind. You actually had a little bit of a crush on Gally.

"What're you thinking of getting him?" Chuck asked as the group dispersed from the drawing.

"I...I don't know, I'll have you think about it," you said. "What about you, what are you getting Newt?"

"I don't know either," Chuck shrugged, "He's been wanting a machete, maybe that."

"Would Alby let you ask the box for a machete? You're kind of the baby of the Glade."

"I am not!"

You laughed as Chuck shoved them.

"Alright, alright! Come on, we'd better get back to work."

Everyone worked, as usual, occasionally trying to 'sneak' over to the box to put in their request. You watched Chuck go and drop his slip of paper in the box.

"Y/n, eyes on the job!" Gally yelled at you. You sighed. As much as you liked Gally, he could be annoying sometimes. You went back to sawing the board in front of you, looking Gally at the corner of your eye. What on earth were you going to get him?

Later that day, you had written your request on a slip of paper and approached the box.

"Hey, y/n!"

"Hey, Frypan. Who did you get?"

"It's supposed to be a secret!" Frypan insisted.

"Come on, no one follows that rule," You laughed.

"I'm not telling!" Frypan said stubbornly, dropping his slip of paper into the box.

"Fine," You shook your head and dropped your slip on the growing pile in the bottom of the box.

"But who did you get?" Frypan asked sheepishly.

You just laughed and went back to work.

One month later, the box came up with all the party supplies and gifts. It was a free-for-all getting all the gifts out of the box without their intended recipients seeing them. I waited until the end to get my box, then scurried to the lookout tower, my hideaway. There I worked for hours to get it done before the party.

The bonfire that night was amazing. Everyone was singing, wrestling, and playing increasingly strange games like, "Try to balance a live rabbit on your nose." This one night of the year, all rules were thrown to the wind and the boys completely let go. You loved it.

"Y/n!"

You looked over to see Chuck, bright blue paint and a huge smile on his face, running over.

"Look what Winston got me! A paint gun!"

"Oh, no," You moaned and turned to run away. Too late! You were smacked in the back with bright green paint.

"Yuck, Chuck! Seriously?"

Chuck laughed and ran off to shoot his next victim.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?" You turned, more cautiously, to where Thomas was standing behind you. "Oh, hi Thomas. What's up?"

Thomas pressed a poorly wrapped gift into your hands, mumbling, "Happy Snow-falling."

"Aw, Thomas, thank you!"

You ripped into the package, finding new combat boots you'd been asking for from the box for literally six months.

"Thomas, how on earth?! The box wouldn't... How??"

"Maybe the Creators just like me," Thomas shrugged.

"Thank you!" You exclaimed, giving him a hug. He blushed, mumbling, "You're welcome."

"Oh, there's Gally. I have to go! Thanks again, Thomas!"

You ran over to where Gally was sitting grumpily with his friends.

"Gally!"

"What."

You shoved the large box into his arms with a confident smile. He glared at you but took it.

"What is it." He demanded.

"The point of the box is for you to open it," You replied.

Gally huffed but opened the lid.

"A jacket?" He asked sarcastically. You weren't daunted.

"You always say how awkward and annoying your toolbelt is, so I got you a jacket and sewed pockets for nails and straps for your tools. Now you don't have to carry your toolbelt around when you're on a roof or something."

Gally stared at you for a moment, then stood and pulled the jacket out.

"Well... thank you," He mumbled.

"What was that?" You asked.

"If you missed me saying thank you that's your problem, not mine!"

You laughed and hugged Gally. He froze and didn't hug back, but he didn't resist, and you took that as a good sign.

"Really... thank you," Gally whispered.

"You're welcome."

"You know I'm going to have to pretend to hate this right?"

"You go right ahead."

All in all, you have a wonderful night.