Newt Reacts to You Overworking Yourself

New supplies from the Box meant new pills to sort, new bandages to roll, and new books to shelve. The medjacks were the only job in the Glade that got books, medical books, all of which needed to be examined and memorized as soon as was possible. Not to mention the Slicers, who managed to hurt themselves at least once a day.

Needless to say, you were swamped.

"Y/n, can-"

"Not now, Newt." You waved him away, forcing your tired eyes to read the label on a medicine bottle.

"But its past dinner and-"

"Newt, please, I said not now!"

Newt grew concerned as he stood quietly, watching you scurry here and there like a mad rabbit, trying to accomplish a week's worth of work in a few hours. His anxiety grew as he saw the untouched trays of food.

"Y/n you haven't eaten! In days, by the looks of it. Y/n?"

"Newt, I love you but I'm busy, can we talk about this later?" You said over your shoulder.

"No, I think we should talk about it now. When was the last time you stopped to sleep?"

"Sleep? What's that?" You mumbled, your mind a million miles away.

"Ok, stop." He grabbed your arm, pulling you to him.

"Oh, Newt. Did you need something?" You asked, only then truly seeing him.

"I need you to take a break."

"I can't, love, I'm-"

"Busy. I know. But you need a break. Please?"

You stopped, considering. Then shook your head, saying, "I'm sorry, Newt. I know I'm working late, but I have to get ahead of things here. It'll only be for a few more days, alright?"

You kissed his cheek and returned to work. Newt hesitated, considering his next move.

"Then let me help," Newt decided, picking up a pill bottle. "Where does this go?"

"No," You argue, taking it. "You have enough work to do being second in command."

"Y/n," He says quietly, and you turn to him. He puts a hand on your arm gently, and the gesture calms you.

"You need to rest. Please. For me?"

You met his deep, caring eyes and smiled.

"Alright. Just for a little, though."

You fell asleep with his arms wrapped tightly around you.