Gally Reacts to Watching a Horror Movie with You

Trigger Warning!

The Glade hadn't seen this much excitement since Nick fell off the lookout tower and only spoke in ancient Egyptian for two weeks. What had the boys all up in arms? The Creators had sent up a projector and a box of movies.

Needless to say, all work was suspended indefinitely. There were numerous movie marathons including a Star Wars marathon that snowballed into a light-side dark-side war with sticks as lightsabers.

Eventually, Alby got the situation under control, limiting the movies to one night a week. (The boys nearly rioted after Infinity War's week) This weeks' movie was a horror movie with a grisly-looking cover. You didn't particularly like horror movies, but your boyfriend Gally wanted to see it.

After stealing snacks with Chuck from Frypan's kitchen, you sneaked over and sat on Gally's log with him.

"Hey, babe," Gally smirked, putting his arm around you and leaning in for a kiss. You grinned; Gally was so proud that you agreed to be his partner and he loved showing you off to the other boys.

"Get a room, you too!" One of the builders heckled and a round of giggling broke out before Alby yelled, "Slim it, everyone! Movie's starting!"

The sun had just disappeared behind the walls, the sign for the movie to start. They projected it onto a blank spot on the walls that had been carefully stripped of ivy.

You snuggled up to Gally and settled back to enjoy the movie with him. As the movie progressed, however, you seemed to be the only one not enjoying it. The jump scares made you jump higher than any of the other boys, and the music put you on edge. It was so dark and the suspense...

You shuddered as another person was dismembered. You suddenly felt sick and didn't want to look anymore, so you buried your face in Gally's arm.

"Aw, are you scared, soldier?" Gally whispered to you.

"No! No, I'm not." You sat back up just in time for a monster to rip off someone's arm.

"Why are your eyes closed then?" Gally replied, rather smugly.

"They are not." You snapped; your eyes closed.

"Your eyes are closed though."

"I'm just... resting them."

"Babe, if you're scared we can go-"

"I'm not scared. I never said I was scared! Did I say I was scared?" You said, wincing as some pitiful screams came from the speakers.

Gally sighed and pulled you close to him.

"Do you want to go?"

"No," You whined, "All the boys will see and make fun of me."

"Ok, how about you just sit with me and not look at the movie and I'll protect you, alright?"

You cuddled closer to him, burying your face in his shoulder. You mumbled, "Alright, but for the record, I'm not scared..."

"Yes, yes, I know. Have some popcorn."

All in all, you had a lovely evening covering your ears and cuddling Gally. And Gally had a good night being your knight-in-shining-armor protecting you from the movie he wanted to watch.