(4) So tired

First person

I get home and change clothes, and then going start to bed. I feel exhausted after today but at the same time I want to do it all over again. 

This is the best job I've ever had and I feel so lucky for having gotten it. Thinking of my job my mind drifts off to Sundrop. He makes me feel like a kid again, and I don't want to let him go, honestly I wish I could have stayed there with him over night. 

I need to sleep, I have work tomorrow. I groan at my thoughts but decide it is probably best to see since I had promised to come early for Sundrop. 

11:30
Im just staring at the ceiling thinking of him, why can't I get the sun man out of my head? 

1:00
I keep tossing and turning, my mind keeps racing with thoughts of him. 

3:00 
I have to get up in 2 hours and I still haven't gotten any sleep. 

4:00
Im giving up on sleeping, it's for the weak anyways right? I might as well start getting ready. I do my morning routine, taking a shower, eating breakfast blah blah blah. 

Once im done with that it's around 5:30 so I start to get ready for work. There isn't really a strict uniform I have to have or anything, just yellow or navy blue so I go with a yellow and navy blue striped shirt and a navy blue skinny jeans. And after getting dressed it's off to work for me. 

I get there exactly at 6:00, right as the doors open. I go in and notice only cleaning bots and Chica walking around. I don't pay them much attention and I go straight to the daycare. 

I go down the colorful slide falling into the ball pit. As soon as I'm all the way down the slide I call out for him,"Sundrop! I'm back."

After calling for him I see him peak past the curtain on the small stage up top for him. He jumps down as I start to make my way out of the ball pit. 

Right before I  can do that I feel Sundrop hug me from behind, picking me up in the process. "(Y/N)!! I missed you so much!" 

I let out a small laugh,"I missed you too Sunny," I say as he sets me down. 

The day continued going like yesterday had gone. Just as fun but equally exhausting, plus with already having not being able to sleep it was hard to keep up with the kids. 

Sundrop seemed to realize this as he kept the kids from dragging me around as much as they had yesterday. 

Everyone was gone around the same time as they were yesterday, meaning I have to stay for another hour. Which I would be fine with if I wasn't so tired. 

Instead of offering to talk again I just lay down next to where Sundrop is sitting. "Are you okay?" He asks sounding concerned. 

"Hmm? Oh yeah I am just super tired, I couldn't sleep last night," I answer quietly. 

He doesn't say anything after just moving closer to me, I smile slightly looking up at him before closing my eyes and relaxing. 

He gentley picks up my head moving it onto his lap before running his fingers through my hair. 

I wake up, looking around seeing an unfamiliar room, I don't even remember falling asleep. 

The room is a bright yellow and a navy  blue. Glow in the dark stars are hanging from the ceiling along with a fake sun and moon. On the walls there were drawings or random things and the floor was littered with art supplies and toys. The only real furniture in the room is the couch I'm laying on and a small yellow and blue table, which seemed to have more art supplies on it. 

I assume this is Sundrop's room since it honestly doesn't looks like it could be anyone else's. But the navy blue did confuse me a bit, it didn't match his theme and neither did the stars. 

I finally sit and noticing two doors on opposite sides of the room. I get up and go to one of the doors, opening it I see a red curtain and a small balcony like platform, this must be the small stage thing above the ball pit. I walk to the edge looking over, seeing I am indeed correct. 

Since I'm here I might as well see if I can spot Sundrop from here. Looking down at the daycare center I try to find him to no avail. 

Shit! The doors locked at midnight I have no idea how love I've slept. I quickly look at my phone and look at the time. 
12:30

I'm stuck here for the night