(23) An explanation

Sundrop's pov

Moon has been really anxious. He has been thinking about (y/n), I mean I have been too but it's not the same. He can't stop thinking about it and every time I try to help him feel better he pushes me away.

Asking Freddy for help calmed him down a bit. I think it's cause its more support. Moon hasn't been as active with the kids too. They keep asking me if he's okay so I just tell them he is tired and to leave him alone. I'm really worried about him. I'm not used to him being like this and I cant hear his thoughts anymore so I can't help as much as I used too.

But I need to stop thinking, I have to focus! Building (y/n) a new body has been harder then I thought it would be and Moon has had to fix mistakes I've made. But not only is it hard to build its hard to hide, we're kinda running out of places to put the pieces! Freddy has helped with hiding the arms and Monty has hidden other parts of the animatronic but the torso is much harder to hide.

We're almost done on the torso now and I was thinking we could ask Chica and Roxy to help but Moon doesn't seem as open to the idea. He wants to hide it from them even though I'm sure they wouldn't care. Roxy might be a bit upset through. She has made comments about how we need to put more attention on her and that she is "better then some human," so I think Chica might be a better option.

"Sun, that wire is in the wrong spot," Moon says taking me from my thoughts.

"Sorry Moon, where does it go again?" I ask taking the wire from its previous place.

Instead of answering Moon leans over and puts it in the right spot. He leans back and continues to work on what he was doing.

I frown at this, Moon has really been off. I hope once (y/n) is back he'll go back to normal.  I'm sure he will, he has too.  (Y/n) changed Moon, before them he wasn't willing to deal with anyone, all the kids were scared of him because they didn't know him and he hated me for that. But now he has been able to be with the kids, they love him! (Y/n) loves him, I love them. Once they are back it will be fine.

It has been a few more days, like around a ten days since they've been gone and they are almost done! We are finishing the torso then all we have left is the head! It's going to be star shaped and we are trying to keep the face close to (y/n) 's but different enough that the staff won't think it's weird. I'm so excited to finish but building is so boring. And that's all we ever do at night! Moon won't let me take any breaks. After the kids leave we come straight down here after the guards check and then back up as soon as it's morning.

Moondrop's pov

It's been hard, having to deal with Sun and only Sun. He doesn't seem to understand how important this is, he keeps asking to go back to the daycare but then it won't be finished as quickly.

I don't think he has noticed the news outside of the daycare. I'm surprised they were even let in. Day after day it's different news reports talking about how (y/n) went missing. They were last seen here. The news keeps saying that something must be wrong but nothing is wrong, nothing st all. We are doing what they wanted us too. They wanted this, and I want to make them happy, I would do anything for them.

Freddy has occasionally come by to tell us what he's heard on the news, that they have theories, that there is a lawsuit against the pizza plex. But this will all be worth it, the news will die down soon and (y/n) will be with us forever. What if they end up regretting their choice? There is no going back, I just need to finish this, me and Sun need to finish this so we can go back to normal.

It's been another day and we've finally finished everything but the head. We need time to do this, it has to be perfect.

"Hey Moon?"

"Yes Sun?" I ask him not looking up from my work. I had decided to build the head myself, I love Sun I truly do but he has been complaining nonstop about working so I'll do the rest.

"How are we going to explain the fact that there is a new animatronic?" He questions, why haven't I thought about that? I have been so focused on finishing this that I haven't put any though on how to explain it's existence.

"I'm not sure," I answer honestly, looking up from my work go look at him momentarily.

"Do you need help?"

"No, why don't you go figure out how to introduce (y/n) as a new animatronic?" I suggest trying to be left alone to focus on the project once again.

I make some progress on the head before I realize I need to head back to the daycare. I quickly put everything back where it's supposed to be before picking up the head and going back to the daycare in a hurry.

As I walk I make sure not to run into anyone. Thankfully the plan works and I'm able to get to the daycare without getting caught. Both the torso and head are in the daycare now so we need to talk to Freddy and see if he'll be able to hide one of them or not.

When I get back I see Sun sitting next to the ball pit looking down. It's been hard on both of us, I should stop putting so much pressure on him. "I'm back," I say getting his attention.

"Moon, do you need help hiding that?" Sun asks getting up from his spot.

"No it's fine, I'm going to ask Freddy to take the torso tonight if he can, we'll hide this in our room for now," I tell him as I start to walk to our room, him following. "I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry, for putting so much on you."

"Moon you're fi-" I cut him off.

"No it's not, I should have put more thought into how you feel, I was just wanting to hurry and get it done but I didn't think about how you felt," I apologize while stepping back to let Sun open the door which he does.

"I just miss them," he says sadly, his usual smile being replaced with a frown. I set down the head and turn to him pulling him into a hug.

"I miss them too," I day quietly as he returns the hug.

After a minute or two Sun pulls away, "the kids will be here soon we should go," he says giving a sad smile. I nod and follow him out of the room. "Oh! I also thought of how we can explain (y/n) coming! We can hack the system and say they ordered another animatronic!"

"That's a great idea," I respond genuinely as we reach the daycare again.

We hang out in the daycare for a bit waiting for the kids to start coming when Sun brings (y/n) 's pets. "Do you think (y/n)'s are okay?"

Another rush of guilt fills me as I remember their pets, I took (y/n) away from their pets. "I'm sure they are okay, they wouldn't have asked for this without thinking about them right?"

"Yeah, they love them to much to just leave them without care!" Sun says noticing that I had started to panic.

And of course the kids start to come so our conversation is cut short.