(31) Strange feelings

It felt like hours until I was able to go back to the daycare, because it was hours. But now I'm on my way back to my loving boys. I never knew I could miss anyone so much, but I do.

I feel guilt swelling in my chest from the happiness I feel. I left my animals that have been with me whenever I needed them, and I'm happy? What is wrong with me?

I try to push the guilt out of my mind as I get to the daycare. Even as I open the door the only thing dominating my thoughts is how confused my pets must feel. The thoughts don't disappear when I see the faces of Sun and Moon. It's my own fault.

"Star!" The two shout getting up from the floor. I give them a smile, as fake as it is, they seem convinced.

"Hey Sun, Moon," I greet them, holding the smile. The manager was the one to bring me back to the daycare, so I didn't get to see Rose again. Along with that the manager slammed the door after I was in the daycare.

I feel like crying, but I can't. It's better this way right? Sun and Moon won't be able to tell I'm not doing okay. I make my way down into the main part of the daycare. As soon  as I open the wooden door I'm crushed between the two. I let out a laugh as I hug Moon since he was the one in front of me.  "I missed you guys," it's easier hiding my emotions now, they don't need to know.

"I missed you too! You were gone for so long," Sun whines, pushing Moon off of me and turning me around to face him. I can hear Moon scoff as Sun hugs me tightly.

Eventually Sun lets go of me and I'm able to talk to Moon. As soon as Sun lets go of me Moon grabs ahold of me, hugging me as he shifts us to a sitting position on the floor. He keeps a tighter grip than Sun did. I wish I could cry again, but I don't have any tears, it's impossible.

"Hey Moon?" I ask after we had sat for a few moments in silence.

"Yes starlight?" He responds in his usual, calming tone.

"If anything happens to me, you promise you and Sun will get along? And you'll try and be friends with the other animatronics?" I ask leaning my head against his chest. For whatever reason, I can't sound sad, I sound happy.

"Are you going to be deactivated?" Moon asks. Even with his calm voice I can tell he is panicking.

"No, I don't think so," I reply.

Me and Moon sit here for a while, Sun coming over every once and awhile to talk to us but for the most part the daycare is filled with a sad silence.

We end up sitting here until the kids start to came in. Maybe even a bit after, and Sun doesn't try to get us up. But eventually we do get up to help Sun with the children.

We decided to do arts and crafts since I missed drawing while being made. I choose to sit next to Sun for this.

"Hey Sun?" I ask, looking over at him.

He keeps drawing as he answers with, "Yes sweetheart?"

I smile at the name, I don't think he's called me that before. "If something happens to me, you'll be okay right? You'll still be friends with the other animatronics?"

Sun takes a minute to answer, his fingers still wrapped around the art supplies but unmoving. "I don't know," his voice is quieter than he usually is, I can almost feel a lump forming in my throat, but that's not possible anymore, to really feel that.

"It was just a question, you don't have to worry," I reassured him with false promises.

We keep drawing, but Sun's draws seemed to shift from happy to sad rather quickly. After awhile he gives up on drawing and decides to lean against me instead. I had finished drawing at this point as well so I take his larger hand in mine, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand.

I think we can all tell by now something is going to go wrong today. And it will be my fault, there is no doubt in that, but we carry on, not talking about it.
Nothing is ever perfect, nothing ever can be perfect. Especially today, today is definitely not perfect. I didn't know it would be because of a kid asking for help though.

"Alice threw my toy up there and I can't get it!" Dillon whines.

I give him a soft smile, "I'll get it, just wait for a minute."

I go to get the wire. This wire is hardly used. Sun and Moon won't tell me why, but Rose said it was because of an accident in the daycare, it will be safe though right? I'm sure the staff has fixed it by now.

I connect it to my back. I look up at the wire noticing it looked like it was tampered with. Even with the bad feeling in my stomach I decide to go up. I can see looks of dread on my lovers faces when they see me above them, attached to the wire that dreaded wire.

I'm already up, they can't do anything to get me down without cutting me down. I move over to the toy that is on top of the play structure, as soon as I touch the toy I feel like I'm weightless.