(30) Rose

"Sun! Moon!" I call into the void. It doesn't sound like me, that voice isn't mine. "Moon?" I try again. 

I'm met with no response but the echo of my words from a different voice. I feel something hit my head. I can't feel it but somehow I know it hit my head, like when your hand is numb but you know you are touching something. I then feel as though something is being pulled from me. 

I close my eyes, being met with the same darkness that is around me but it's somehow more comforting. Maybe it's because it gives a sense of familiarity.  I take a deep breath and try to calm down. I feel a pit form in my stomach, the feeling growing stronger the more deep breaths I take. 

I give up on trying to calm down because it's just causing me to feel even more uncomfortable. As I open my eyes again, met with the same sight I feel something hit my head again, and I wake up. 

I jump up in my seat only to feel something tug on the back of my head. I turn slightly seeing wires coming from my head attached to something the engineer from before is holding. 

"Hey! You're awake now," she says,"I never told you my name, it's Rose, you're Stardrop right?" Rose asks. 

"Yep," I answer, turning and laying back on the chair how I had been. It was a dream, I guess I'm happy that it was. "What are you doing?"

"I'm running tests on your systems, making sure everything is working," she answers. 

"Am I going to be deactivated?" I ask quietly. My thoughts shift back to my dream, is that what it would feel like to be deactivated? Would I just be in darkness forever? 

"You shouldn't be, nothing on here says your programming isn't messed up and your body seems fine, did someone say you were being deactivated?" Rose asks confused. 

"No, I was just worried, I've already gotten attached to the animatronics in the daycare, I don't want to have to leave them," I explain with a smile. If I'm not being deactivated I'm fine, I'll be fine. 

"That's sweet, they seemed worried when you left, but don't worry you'll be going back to them soon, I just gotta finish this, you'll probably head over to the daycare once the place is closed. The higher ups don't like it when we let the daycare animatronics out of the daycare, other than at night," Rose tells me. I can hear her pushing buttons on the device she has. 

"Did something happen with them?" I question. 

"They have had accidents with their wires, or whatever you want to call them, the ones that hold them up on to make it seem like they are flying. Its easier to hide the mess ups when it's in a smaller area," Rose explains. 

The wires have messed up before? Sun and Moon never really used them around me, maybe that's why? As long as they are okay than it's fine. 

Me and Rose have been talking for awhile as she lets the computer run tests on me. So far nothing bad has came up for the tests it feels like Moon thought of everything.  We've been talking about her life mainly, which is fun. I didn't have that many friends when I was alive so it's nice to have someone talk to me about their life. 

Everyone lives such different lives but somehow they ended up where they are now. It's amazing. But now Rose has left. None of the tests said anything is wrong with my programming and I'm not being deactivated. 

I now just have to sit and wait for the end of the day, until I'm let out and am able to go back to my Sun and my Moon. I know it's only been a few hours but I miss them so much. 

To pass the time I've been recalling memories of my past. They seem so vivid now. It's probably because robots can't forget things but again, I am just a soul that was put into a robot. 

Regardless of that, the one thing I can't get out of my head is my pets. I didn't have them in mind when I went through with this. I should call my mom on the daycare phone to see if she has them, maybe I'd be able to see them again. 

I regret becoming an animatronic only because of my pets. I thought it would make me feel better but it honestly made me feel worse. I can't imagine what my pets are feeling right now. They probably think I've abandoned them. That was something I was always scared of, my pets feeling abandoned. I should have thought about my decision more before doing that.

(Sorry for taking so long to update, I've been up and down on my emotions, I know the chapter isn't super long but I hope you guys liked it)