(8) Gift from Sundrop

(I was very tired when writing this so if there are any grammar mistakes that I missed just tell me and I'll fix them💚)

While waiting for more kids to arrive we decide to get out some art supplies. Me and Sundrop sit on the floor next to each other at one of the small tables while the kids sit in the tiny chairs. 

I decide to paint Sun and Moon since I can't think of anyone but them. I draw them first so if I mess up I can redo it before painting. The drawing turns out pretty well, it's of Sun and moon laying down but moon is upside down on the top of the paper. 

As I start to paint it I look over at Sundrop's drawing, hes drawing with crayons and it's a picture of him and me, "aw Sun that's adorable," I compliment. 

"It's not done yet!" He says before covering his drawing with his hands. 

I let out a small laugh and nod, "alright, I won't look but you have to promise to show me once you're done," I say as I continue to paint. 

It's been about an hour but Sundrop insists on continuing arts and crafts even though most of the kids were bored by now. 

"Sundrop can we do something else?" A kid complains. 

"I'm not finished yet!" Sundrop says, not even looking up from his drawing. 

"Sundrop, you continue that but I'm going to do something else with the kids, okay?" I get up from my spot on the floor and take the kids hand, "everyone who's done with arts and craft we're going to play a game."

Ah, now what game, I should have though about this uhhhm, oh redlight greenlight. "If anyone is has paint or anything on them come over here so we can clean you up before we play." I few kids come over as I get wet wipes out. After I got them a crouch down as the first kid comes over. I carefully clean the paint off of him before doing the same to the other kids that had stuff on them. 

Once done with that there was a big pile of dirty wet wipes in the trash can and a group of excited kids wanting to play a game. "Okay! We are going to play redlight greenlight, for anyone who doesn't know how to play, one player will be at the front of the room, when they are turned away from you and they shout greenlight, that means you can walk towards them, if they are facing you and says redlight, don't move, passing this player will win the game! If you are caught moving then you are out," I explain the game to them. "I will be the one shouting redlight greenlight for the first round, whoever passes me first gets to do it next."

And with that we start the game, all the kids are lined up a crossing the room from me, the only one still drawing is Sundrop at this point. I turn my back to the kids, "greenlight!" I hear many footsteps coming from behind me and I wait a second before turning around again, "redlight!" Most of the kids are still pretty far from me but a few are closer then expected. 

We continue the game, a few people are caught in the process but not a lot. As promise the kid that passed me first got to take my role in the game. I decide to sit the rest of the game out and I move over to Sundrop. "Sunny, are you almost done?" I ask looking over his shoulder at the drawing the best I can. 

"Yeah, I just need to add glitter glue, don't look yet," he says as he reached for the glitter glue expanding his arm to grab if from a different table. 

He finishes his drawing as the kids finish their game and he hands it to me, "it's for you," he says as I look at it. The drawing is of me and him holding hands in the daycare with kids around us. 

"This is so adorable, I'll take it home and frame it," I say while he gets up from the floor, once he's up I give him a hug being careful to not mess up the paper. 

He hugs back but he pulls away quickly, "I'm gonna go play with them now," he says as he let's go of me completely. 

"Okay, have fun," I smile up at him before he leaves to play with the kids, I put the drawing on my desk so it doesn't get messed up the rest of the day. 

Me and Sundrop play a few more games with the kids before we realize that it's nap time for them. We get the stuff out for them to sleep on and make sure everyone is laying down. "Does anyone want the light left on?" I ask walking over to the security desk. No one says anything so I move my hand over the button, "I'll see you in a bit Sunny," before turning off the lights. 

I set a thirty minutes timer on my phone before walking over to Moondrop. "Hello Moon," I greet him before taking his hand softly and guiding him away from the kids a bit so we can talk without disturbing them. 

"Very forward aren't we?" Moondrop say causing me to drop his hand. 

"Haa, no, i," I stumble on my words getting flustered causing him to let a small laugh. "I just want to talk over here so we don't wake up the kids," I state, still feeling flustered. 

"Hmm, is there something you want to talk about then?" He asks as we both sit down on the floor. 

"Nothing in particular just wanted to get to know you better since all we talked about last time was basically your programming."

We talk for a while before the timer goes off, making my smile fall slightly, "I guess we'll having to pick up on the conversation another day," I say before getting up from my spot on the floor.