(10) I love you :)

(Sorry for this coming out late today, I had therapy and some other stuff I hope you enjoy and I'll post again on Friday )

I had been waiting for this all day, I think Moon will love Kanaya. 

Me and Sun set everything up as usual before I call all my pets over to take a break from the kids and relax a bit on their own. 

"See you in a bit Sundrop," I say before turning off the lights. The room darkens and I set a timer for an hour instead of the normal half hour since the kids had been playing more to keep up with the dogs. 

After doing that I turn around to see Moondrop. "Hey Moony, we have extra time together today," I say with a smile as I approach him.

He seems happy with this as he lets out a delighted laugh. "I see, I'm glad we have extra time together, Sun always gets more time with you," he says, his excitement being given away from his voice as we move to sit down where we usually do. 

"Oh shit, I forgot, I need to do something really quick, will you watch over the kids and animals while I'm gone?" I ask as soon as I realize I hadn't set out water for the animals. 

"Language," Moon says strictly,"fine, I'll take care of them but be quick."

I thank him quickly before making my way to my bag and pulling out the foldable bowls before making my way out of the main daycare area to get water for the bowls. 

I make it back relatively quickly considering I had to make sure I didn't slip the water. I somehow manage to get back without spilling, the only real struggle was opening the door, but I managed.  Once back in the daycare I set the bowls of water down near the security desk so it would be harder to trip over them. I turn around and notice Moon drop. He has Kanaya laying next to him and he was humming softly to her while petting her. 

I smile softly seeing the two before I quietly walk over to them an take a seat on Moon's other side, leaning against him. He wraps an arm around my waist as he continues to hum. I'm having a hard time not falling asleep myself with how soothing his voice is but I shouldn't, I don't want to waste our time together. We hardly get any time together. 

"Hey Moon?" I ask softly, moving my head slightly to look up at his face. 

"Yes starlight?" He asks quietly, going back to humming right after. The pet name makes my heart pound in my chest and releases butterflies in my stomach. 

"I just wanted to tell you, I really enjoy your company, I feel sad whenever I have to turn the lights on, not that I don't like Sun, but I hardly have any time with you," as I speak I feel his hand on my waist start to move up and down my side in a soothing motion. 

"Your company means so much to me, I'm never really allowed out when the kids are awake, so I always had to be alone, the most I got was a hello, or good night, and if it was anything more then that it would be a terrified kid not wanting to be around me," Moon says, his voice getting slightly quieter as he talks, at the end leaving hardly even a whisper. 

"We'll have to change that, maybe we could have a day each week where the lights are off the whole day, since we can still play games either way, light or dark," I suggest, "I mean I'd have to talk to the manager to make sure it's okay but we could always try if you want to."