Chapter 7

His Obsession

Chapter 7

Evangeline

I sit in the waiting area and I watch the ground in front of my feet and there my gaze has remained for the past ten minutes.

The seconds feel like minutes and the minutes feel like hours. From my eyes there are tears running. I don't even know why and I don't know why the hell I would be crying.

I have been told that Xavier is dead. That he had died in a car accident of some sort. I wasn't even listening to the reason, all that I could focus on was the fact that he died.

I can't understand why I'm not overcome with joy. Because this is what I have wanted for a long time. For him to be dead and take over from him.

At least the insane part of me wanted that and some part of the sane me had wanted it as well, but why the hell do I feel sad because of it.

It makes no sense to me and as I sit here, I keep thinking of why and for what reason I would feel this way to learn of his death.

I might not be that insane person that was hellbent on killing but never I have felt this sorrow when someone has died. I've always hated death, but this is something else.

The floor seems to be the most interesting thing in the whole world during this moments that I am here. I don't pay any attention to what is happening around me.

I had been told that they are preparing the body to be identified. Because there had been a bloody mess and since the doctors did all that they could to save him, they had to make a mess as well.

Blood has never scared me. I've caused more deaths than I can count and be covered in the blood of my kills far more often than I know myself.

I would not care to see him covered in blood. I also have a feeling that he would want to be buried all bloody and looking like a mess.

Because then his enemies would know that it had taken a lot for him to die and they did not even have a change at trying. He did not die without a fight.

Somehow after all that he has done, I realize that he did not deserve death. Some part of me wanted him to die and thinks that he does deserve death after all that he has done, but somehow I think not now.

I can't even explain it to myself why I think that and for what reason I would have to think such a thing, that the man that the whole world has begun to fear does not deserve death.

Xavier Knight has killed more people than anyone knows and he has killed and slaughtered without a second thought. He even has hurt me a lot and does not even regret it.

And yet I find that I feel sorry for him. Because I realize that he is simply a man that has been taught to kill from birth. I knew of his father and the reign of terror he was before Xavier had taken over.

My father and his father have been at war for a very long time and that is why I hated him, but now I find that I have something else inside me for him.

Something that will be gone soon enough because he is gone and he is not coming back to me. He's gone forever. And I realize that this something is love.

I love him.

An hour later I was allowed to go see his body. I hugged myself as I walk behind Alex who has been keeping a close eye on me.

I don't get why he does not just kill me now and get it over with. Everyone knows that now I don't have Xavier's protection, they are going to come for my head.

My father will kill me when he realizes that I'm not the one that he had shaped me to be. He will kill me without even thinking twice.

The hallways are long and I find that my legs don't even have the energy to stand or even walk for that matter. All I want to do is fucking disappear.

From all of this, from this life, from my feelings, from myself and from the life that I lived, from the love that I feel for a man that does not deserve me.

I want to get away and still I don't even make a run for it. Perhaps because I know that they will shoot me on the spot if I were to run away somewhere.

Alex stops in front of a room and then opens the door, I'm not really paying attention to where we had gone nor where Alex led me. I just followed behind him with another man behind me.

Perhaps to make sure that I would not escape or leave and hide away. I look up with tears in my eyes and I nearly faint when I see the sight in front of me.

Xavier.