Chapter 22

His Obsession

Chapter 22

Evangeline

I failed. I failed escaping. My hand was hurting so much and I had no choice, if I wanted to even have a hand, I had to get medical attention.

That man knew it and he used it against me. They had drugged me while the doctor set my brand and put it in a cast, but when I woke up, he was watching me.

His look sends shivers down my spine. "Well, now that you're awake and not going anywhere, we're going over some rules" He says and smirks.

I notice that the restraints are still on but now on both my hands, even the one that has a cast on it, there are handcuffs and they are handcuffed to the bed.

I don't look up at him, but then again my eyes are pretty tired and sleepy and really foggy from just waking up. I'm pretty sure they gave me something a little bit stronger than painkillers.

My gaze is at the ground, I've already looked at him once, because I had to follow that fucking stupid first rule to get medial attention for my hand but know this, I will not follow any of his rules again.

"You already know the first rule but don't follow it. Look at me!" He yells at me and I shake in the bed. I'm glad that I do have some painkillers in my body, otherwise, I would be in so much pain to even move at this point.

Water begins to form in my eyes as in the corner of my eye, I see him standing up. Walking over to the bed and standing beside me.

I can almost feel his glare burn into my skull, creating a hole. "What was given to you can be taken away, don't forget that little angel" He says, his voice is angry and holds a lot of power.

My eyes slowly travel to him and I notice that he has two guns strapped to his belt and are in a gun holster and I'm pretty sure that he has another gun hidden somewhere.

From experience, men like him always have a hidden gun or a knife. Or both, in his case, I think he only has a gun. Then again, his presence is so powerful that is makes everyone bow down before him. Except for me.

"You are a fool if you seriously believe that I will ever follow your stupid ass rules" I say and a smile. But that smile is wiped off when his hand comes in contact with my cheek.

He slapped me. That fucker slapped me and it hurts. My cheek is stinging with pain. But, I don't make a sound, not giving him the satisfaction of seeing me in pain.

"Now, bef-" He doesn't get a chance to speak because the door suddenly slams open, and both of our attention is on the running inside. "Boss, they've breached the house. They're inside!" He says and then everything goes to hell. Literally.