Chapter 10

His Obsession

Chapter 10

Evangeline

The bakery has been closed due to crime on the streets. The news have informed us of a massive gang war that has been taking place for a few days now.

People are afraid to go outside their houses, and stay in their houses. Break ins and murder are all around and everyone's on edge.

Mostly no one gets any sleep because the gun shots are going all night along. The terror that has taken over everyone is something no one has ever seen.

I'm in my apartment and I have no left in a few days, afraid like everyone else. To others, I might see strong and brave, but in reality I'm terrified of what's going to happen. I'm not strong and I'm certainly not brave.

Everything has been tense the last few days and being isolated in my apartment all alone isn't making this any better for me. Kathy is far too afraid to come to me and I'm far too afraid to leave.

Keeping myself distracted from all of the things that have been happening and trying not to hear the shots and screams outside, I have headphones over my head and I'm watching Titanic for the hundredth time.

I guess I just need a bit of romance in my life and I'm desperate for it, too desperate that I'm watching Titanic over and over again.

There is also nothing else for me to do inside this lonely apartment that I have. It also helps me pass the time and makes sure that I don't check any social media website or app.

I don't want to see dead people and the horrors that this gang war has forced people to go through. I've seen enough death already to last a lifetime.

Staying inside is making me so insane, but this is the only thing I can do. If I go outside, there's a big possibility that I will get shot or worse.

Those gang members are ruthless and I should know, because I lived through this and I will not do it again. It is all behind me, I don't need it back into my life.

But, as most things do. Everything comes back to haunt you in the end, every secret and lie that you've told comes to the surface.

I'm not sure for how long I will be able to keep my secrets before they will rise and will be known to the world, everyone will know what I've been trying to hide in the last three months.

A loud crash nearby breaks me from my movie watching, it sounded so close that I heard it so loudly. Normally all the gun shots are further away, this sounded as it was in my apartment.

I start to panic and at this point, I have no idea what to do. My heart races in my chest and I'm fucking going insane inside my head. Ideas and thoughts keep swirling like there's a tornado inside my head, wanting my head to explode.

Turning off my computer and taking my headphones off, and setting them aside, I carefully stand up. Trying to not make a sound.

If there is a person in here that has broken inside, it's best that they take what they want and leave as soon as possible.

The sound came from the kitchen, that always has the biggest window. However, I think it's strange that someone climbed up, since I'm not on the first floor. They'd have to climb the wall. Like Spider-Man.

I go into my bedroom, hoping that whoever it is who is here, just leaves soon. I don't even care what they take, just as long as they leave.

I slowly open the door to m bedroom, not even sure why it's close. I never close the doors when I'm alone, except for the bathroom door, but that's a different case.

As soon as I open the door to my bedroom, I feel something sharp being forced into my shoulder and then the darkness dances over my vision and the world goes black.