Chapter 9

His Obsession

Chapter 9

Evangeline

The bakery is crowded and Kathy and I are working our asses off. Or I'm working my ass off, while Kathy is working and texting Jackson and that makes me to most of the work.

It's been a week and she has gone partying with him every night. I've officially quit drinking alcohol, so I never go with her.

I'd rather not repeat what happened the last time, whatever did happen. I don't remember a thing for that night. The memories from that night never returned to me and I doubt they ever will.

My body is exhausted. I've been working my ass off the whole week. I buried myself into work. I never took extra shifts.

I'm avoiding something, only I don't know what. And the prize is expensive, my body is so tired that it's aching all over. I feel like I can't go on anymore, but I still keep going, no matter the pain.

"You should take a break" Kathy says, typing something on her phone, not really paying attention to me. "You think" I sarcastically say.

She rolls her eyes, not sure if it is at me or Jackson. "Sweetie, you're going to faint if you continue to over work yourself" She says as if I'm supposed to know that. Yeah, I've already thought of that thank you.

I mentally slap my forehead. I can't take a break now, it's the middle of the workday and she's going nothing, while I'm doing everything. It's not like I can take a fucking break any time soon.

I just have to get through this day and then I can get home and sleep on my bed, then wake up tomorrow to do this all over again.

Xavier

"The money was supposed to be transferred-" One of them says. "But?" I ask, annoying and frustrated at the lousy job my men did.

"It got lost" He says. I take my gun out of my gun holster and point it at him. "You lost my money?" I ask, my voice alone make him cower in fear, not the gun I point at him.

I send him a glare. His friends around him don't do anything to help him. We all know that he will not leave this room alive.

"Unfortunately, yes. But, I will get it back for you and more" He says, trying to beg for his life. How many times do I have to tell them that begging does not belong in us.

My men are supposed to die for me and welcome death when I give it to them, not beg like pussies do.

I don't get a chance to speak because the door open and a man comes in. A man I had placed as the head of security. He comes up to me.

"They're on the move" He whispers to me and I quickly stand up and run out of there. "I want every man ready" I order them all, every one of my men obey.

"The war has begun"