Chapter 7

His Obsession

Chapter 7

Evangeline

5 Years Old

"This will be your new home from now on" My new brothers says as he puts me down. This place is so cold, I'm freezing. And I want my mommy and daddy.

This isn't a room, it only has a broken bed and it is gross. I start to cry as I hug him. "Not leave me" I say as I hug him. I don't want to be alone.

I don't like this place, I want to go back to my house with mommy and daddy and get hugs and kisses. He picks me up once again and sets me down on the bed but it's uncomfortable.

"You are going to stay here until our father comes" He says to me and I feel the tears run down my cheeks. He then leaves me and then he closes the door but the door is strange.

It has bars like in prison. The walls are stone, I think I'm in a cave and I'm cold and scared. I hug myself and cry on the bed but then I heard footsteps coming.

Then I see a man standing there with a smile on his face and he walks inside the room. "Welcome home... daughter!" He says to me. I'm scared of him.

7 Years Old

"I'm told your training is paying off, correct?" He asks me as I stand in front of his desk in his office. My head looking down to the ground.

"Yes, father, that is correct" I tell him without looking up at him. I'm shivering from the fear, I hate being in his office, it smells of blood and it is so dark and evil that it brings me nothing but pain inside my heart and soul.

A satisfying sound comes from him as he stands up and I tremble as he walks over to me. I'm so afraid I just want to go back to my room.

He stands in front of me and his thumb goes under my chin and lifts it up to look at him and deep into his eyes that hold nothing.

His eyes have always scared me because they are so evil, he is so evil. "Good. Now, I have job for you" He tells me but as soon as he does he lets go of my chin and grabs my shoulders and makes me turn to my left.

Where a man is tied up in a chair, bloody and he's almost dead. I hold back the scream that threatens to come. I don't like this.

I'm shaking so much that I can't hold it anymore and I feel like I am going to faint. "That is Trevor Knight, our rival enemy who only wants to destroy us" He tells me but then he takes my hand and brings me closer to the man.

He wakes up and looks at the two of us in shock and tries to get away. My father hands me a knife. "Kill him!" He orders and that is what I do.

12 Years Old

Crying in my bathroom in my new room as I am not my brother's whore, he has given me my own room that is not down in the dungeon.

My whole body is in so much pain, I just want it to end. I need it to end. I can't take this pain any longer. Every inch of my body screams in agony and it is too much for me to handle.

The bathroom seems to be the only place where I can be alone and I feel safe. My body is covered in bruises from my brother.

The tears are running down my cheeks as my heart is paining too much. I hold a gun in my hand and it is so many times that I feel like I just want to shoot myself in the head.

It would end all the pain that I have to go through and it would end this miserable life. I know that they will get tired of me soon and then they will kill me.

The loaded gun is in my hands but the more I look at it, the more I feel like a coward. Taking the easiest way out of this whole thing.

I've always tried to be so strong but I feel like I'm not strong, I don't even know if I have ever been strong in the first place.

A knock on the door breaks me out of my thoughts. "Come out, daughter" I hear my father's voice say and it has softened, though I think that is because he knows what I am doing in here and how I want to end it.

But, I have to obey him or he will hurt me so I put the gun on the floor, unlock the door and run straight into his arms. "You're safe as long as you're with me" He says.

16 Years Old

My body looks horrible, filled with bruises and hickeys as my brother and his friends keep attacking it with their mouths.

Turning away from the mirror I exit the bathroom and go into the hallways where I see my father's men lined up. Ignoring them I walk down the hallways until I make it to the place I want to be in. My father's office.

Knocking I wait for him to call out for me to enter and once I hear that I come inside. "Father, you called for me?" I ask him as I stand in front of his desk with my head down.

"Yes, we have a problem. Trevor Knight's son has taken over the family business in Italy and now we've lost our contacts there" He tells me and I nod. "What do you want me to do?" I ask him.

He darkly chuckles and I know what is coming my way and I shiver at the thought of it. "I want you to kill him. I want you to kill Xavier Knight" He says and laughs cruelly while all I can do is nod, accepting my order.