I AM Offering This Poem- (Reituki)

Title: I Am Offering This Poem (Original Poet- Jimmy Santiago Baca)

Pairing: Reituki

Description: Just a poem Reita writes to Ruki after an argument they had at the studio... I'm not gonna show that part but...yeah..

Rated: PG-15

A/N: The poem is really cute and I'm using it for an English class project and I thought of Reituki.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Ruki and Reita were separated. In different homes. No longer togeth. Why? For foolishness. They had an argument at the studio because Reita doesn't know how to be careful with people's feelings. So, he decided to write Ruki a little poem. 

Before he started, he drove to Ruki's home and just sat in his car, outside Ruki's home with a piece of paper and a pencil and started writing:

To Ruki; From Reita

I Am Offering This Poem 

I am offering this poem to you,

since I have nothing else to give you.

Keep it like a warm coat

when winter comes to over you,

or like a pair of thick socks

the cold cannot bite through...

                           I love you,

I have nothing else to give you,

so it is a pot full of yellow corn

to warm your little belly in winter,

it is a scarf for your head, to wear

over your hair, to tie up around your face...

                        I love you

Keep it, treasure this as you would

if you were lost, needing direction,

in the wilderness life becomes when mature;

and in the corner of your drawer,

tucked away lika a cabin or hogan

in dense trees, come knocking,

and I will answer, give you directions,

and let you warm yourself by this fire,

rest by this fire, and make you feel safe...

                        I love you,

It's all I have to give,

and all anyone nees to live,

and to go on living inside,

when the world outside

no longer cares if you live or die;

remember,

                I love you,

                Taka-chan.

Reita felt a tear drip from his face and to the paper. Why did he even start the argument? "I should've never said what I just said...Fuck..." Reita mumbled. 

He folded the paper into 4ths and stepped out his car and went to Ruki's door. He slid the paper in the maild slot in the door and lightly knocked on the door. Then, walked back to his car and drove off. 

Ruki opened his door to find a sight of no one at his door. He looked down to see a folded piece of paper. "What's this?" He picked it up and opened it. "To Ruki... From Reita." Ruki closed his door and sat on his couch and read the poem quietly. 

His tears falling down his cheeks and his face tinted red. "He wrote this...For me?" Ruki grabbed his cell phone and called Reita. After a few rings, Reita answered with a broken tone,"Hello?"

"Reita...I got the poem..." Ruki said and wiped his tears.

"Look Ruki.. I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I just... I want you back so badly and I just feel like a nobody when you're not here... Smiling with me, laughing with me, cuddling. I miss it all. Please... If you hate me--"

"Who said I hated you?"

"Well... You don't like me...We broke up..." Reita felt his tears falling even more.

"Who said I didn't like you?" Ruki bit his lip and looked at the poem again.

"B-but...You didn't.. You never answered my calls and texts since it happened, and--"

"Look...Yeah I was angry. I was very pissed at what you said. Saying that I am too much of an emotional bitch is very hurtful...But Rei-chan.. I never said I hated you. I said that I just need time to think. We needed time to think things through. I love you, Rei-chan. What you wrote in this poem was beautiful. I loved it. But I love you. I miss you. And I want you back... Now... I need you now. Just quickly bring yourself and take me now. I want you!"