2- Numb wound

. . .

"Lilac?" I hear a well-known voice and it shoots me in the head. I hiss, not able to move or throw my head back in pain either. I stay in the position i am and struggle hard to open my eyes. Thank goodness i can do this easily.

I open my eyes and see dad right in front of me. He frowns at me, but says nothing. I open my eyes and try to sit up on my own. I realize i am in some hospital. "Did you take drugs?"

Dad crosses his arms and steps back, raising his pointer finger up. "Don't dare to lie to me." He just does not get it and the more i think or hear his loud voice, the more my head aches from the back. I wince but shake my head, trying to not feel dizzy, "i don't understand, dad. I'm so-"

"Mister park," someone rushes in. Mister jeon? I whisper in my mind, asking myself if this really is the person who just barged inside. What's he doing here?

Not able to have a clear and good vision, i look at him telling something to my father in his ears. Dad gives a glare to me but goes outside and leaves his presence of empty coldness dwelling in my eyes and my heart. Does he not trust me?

I pull the blanket higher and hug it. The only person left in the room with me stays silent, not speaking anything. I glance up at him, hugging my knees. "How're you feeling now?"

"I don't know." This mister comes near and sighs, "you had been drugged. It was an E what they gave." He tells me something i figured out by myself already. I raise my eyes to him, "i know." I look at his completely disheveled dark brown hair and look for my phone.

"It's two am right now." Mister jeon, who is my father's closest colleague, or more like a friend, tells. I keep quiet, unable to decide something right to say. He sits down on the edge of the bed.

"If you're here to empathize with me, let me tell you that you cannot, mister jeon." I smile at him to make sure he believes that everything is okay in here. Not a single relaxed expression forms on his face.

"I am not here for that. I'm here to tell you that you had passed out while you were in a park and you fell before i could come to hold you, so your head might hurt a little as it hit the ground."

He tells me, his tough and scary looking hands intertwined. I tilt my head and put my chin on my knees, "it does not hurt much. I'm okay. But..." I let myself loose and ask him what i was wondering from so long. "What brings you here? And, umm, do you know where my phone is?"

Mister jeon shakes his head, combing his mid-length hair back, "your phone's probably with your dad. I'm not sure about that. I was driving past that house where you went and saw you wobbling, then i gave mister park a call and then rushed straightaway here." He explains in detail and glances at me, some worry in his misty grey eyes.

"Thank you." I go closer to him and smile, being really very relieved and light in my heart. I wasn't sure but maybe felt like i was being taken advantage of, which fortunately isn't the case.

He smiles down, "no need to. It was my responsibility. But you have to be careful and attentive from next time and avoid eating or drinking stuffs which others get you, especially in these kind of parties. Get those by yourself. You understand?" He looks deeply at me, instructing gently.

It's so weird. But it feels good. An explanation is not supposed to be like this.

"Okay, i got it." My smile grows wide and i nod, even though i know now there's no need to keep these in my head. I won't ever be attending even a single shit of any party now. I am sure i won't even be permitted to, now.

"By the way, you'll have to leave now. But, the doctor said that it's better if you stay here for the night." Mister jeon whispers, getting off the bed and fixing the rolled up wrinkled sleeves of his dress shirt.

I think for some seconds. "I'll go home, i guess. I'll rest far much easily there." I slide the blanket away, sliding down the bed. Holy mother of s-

"Careful." This manly tattooed hand grabs my arm and prevents me from almost losing my balance because this bed is an enormous and giant one. My fricking legs couldn't reach the ground. "I'm okay." I giggle but glance at mister jeon stupidly, wearing my jacket.

He slides out a soft chuckle, maybe a fake one, or i don't know. "I'll go and tell mister park. He must be at the pharmacy." Mister jeon exhales, wearing his mask to go outside the room.

I press my lips together and fix my hair. Oh my gosh, i am a mess. I look at my reflection in the mirror and feel funny. My hair has gotten bad. It looks as if a huge sea tide just washed me away. Whatever. I don't want to move my head more and feel nauseous.

"On second thoughts. I'll drop you home." Suddenly the occurrence of a person frightens me and i nod, "okay but where's dad?" I ask for him to mister jeon who's carrying a plastic bag.

"He must've left. I don't know, lilac." This one calls out to me and i walk to him slowly. "He has office in the morning, it's not a problem." I fake out a smile, looking up at him. "What's in here?" I raise a question when i don't see mister jeon moving his eyes away from me or saying anything.

"This is a bottle of pills for if you don't feel okay after reaching home. Take not more than one in a day." He looks down and speaks low, some of his words almost inaudible. "Oh, i see."

I nod. "So, will you be able to walk down stairs properly? The lifts here are damned." His annoyance makes me laugh, but i do it lightly because even that simple action took a lot of energy for me and hurt my head. "I hopefully will." I was confidence about this.

He hums and opens the door for me, "it's towards the right." I walk ahead but button up my peachy cardigan to the top, for the temperature here was too less.

I reach the staircase and keep my foot down, my cold hand feels okay now because mister jeon holds it tight and walks down with me. I turn my head to him and stare in some warmth. "What's wrong?" He looks back at me and i shake my head, "nothing." I look ahead, relaxed.

---