9- Frost

"Hey, you haven't slept yet?" I turn around and see mister jeon. He looks terribly stressed. "I forgot my phone somewhere and i can't find it now."

He looks at me, walking forward, "do you remember where did you keep it the last time?" He does not say loud and his voice sounds rougher and deeper than usual. He must have drank a bit lot. "I don't remember. It's okay, mister jeon. I probably should sleep and tomorrow I'll search for it everywhere."

He takes his phone out from his pocket and i try to get to my room. "What's your number? Is your phone kept on silent?"

I stop, "uhm no, it's not. It's not a problem, you don't have to do this, m-" he cuts me off, "what is your phone number?" This is bad, he is leaving me with no choice but, "it's this..." I tell him my mobile number.

Mister jeon gives a call on my phone and the sound of ringing arises from the hall. I rush there and hear the vibration coming from the ground. I go down and slide my short arm under the sofa to slide out my phone which was beneath this sofa. Finally.

"Thank you very much. I wouldn't have found it soon enough if it was not for you." I straighten up and pledge my thankfulness to this person who helped me. "It's alright. Make sure to keep it carefully."

Mister jeon tells, softly looking down at me. I bow and smile, "i will." I see up, glancing into his kind of glowing eyes which are red in the corners. I don't want to bother him but i feel bad and want to talk to him about what's happening. I feel like there is something mister jeon is going through. And he does not want to talk it off.

"Good night." I realize i had been looking at him for more than what normal would be. And mister jeon smiles a little, nodding, he steps back to exhale. "Good night." He whisperingly greets me back while pushing his hands inside the pocket of his zipper jacket.

I give a worried and curious glance up at him before i walk away to my bedroom. I could tell by the cologne coming from his clothes that he had not only drank, but maybe smoked a bit too.

Next day

9 am

"Hello. How has weekend been, miss park?" Mister zucker asks, sitting down on the ground. I like to study on the ground, so even when there's plenty of space in this whole residence, i said that my bedroom is the best place to study. This pink carpet is very furry and comfy.

"My weekend went on well, what about yours, mister zucker?" I fold my knees and move forth to get hold of my notebook and open it, ready to note down his lectures.

He takes the black pen and opens the cap, "it went well for me as well. Now, tell me what is the psychological definition of retrieval?" Not even a minute passes after he tries to be kind and understanding, and he questions me. "Umm..."

"What's that umm for? Tell me the answer. I wanna hear it quick!" He makes me flinch and asserts sternly, tapping his pen on the book. I push my fear away, and i try to think with the right mind.

"Retrieval refers to bringing the stored information to her/his awareness so that it can be used for performing various cognitive tasks such as problem solving or decision-making."

He looks at me as i could not contain my grin to myself and i scoff. "Well said. Good." He simply accepted his defeat and i shrug, totally joyful and proud.

I write down the date and mister zucker speaks, "open page number thirty four and complete the exercises in the box which are given below." He shows me the textbook and i sigh, tired and bored already. I have to do this anyways.