24- Solace

Next day

9 am

"You do this well, now I'll giving you a harder one, hah." Mister zucker chuckles like an evil man, smirking in my face, and sliding out another sheet of revision papers, out from his binder, this thick bad thing which always terrifies me with the amount of papers in them.

"You're a bad man." Murmuring so that he does not hear me, i turn to the side, and grab hold of my adorable pinkish red sharpener in the shape of a tiny strawberry milk carton. "Ay what? Bat man...?"

"Hush, let me focus." I shush this imbecile, and glance at him, this one finding it too funny. "Focus on what? Sharpening a damn pencil?" His question makes me chuckle, but i put on a poker face, quickly, and stare at him with anger. "Put your grumbly eyes somewhere else, i'm your teacher. You cannot stare at me like this, miss girl."

"I will, i can. It's my eyes." I spit at him with these sharp edgy words, and he smiles from the corner of his lips. "You're a real bug." He throws his hand high, and pokes my cheek, laughing.

"So, let's get back where we were." He clears his throat, and resumes, "write down the question number three point s-" The sound of the main door opening suddenly interrupts his speech, and i look behind mister zucker.

"Mister zucker, i might wanna have a little conversation with you." My dad comes inside the house, sliding his files away onto the table near the sofa, and walking here, towards us.

I get off the chair, and hold my fingers to each other, hoping it won't be something regarding me, or my studies again. "Oh sure, what's it about, mister park?" My teacher gets up, and goes to where the sofas are, along with my father. "Go to your room."

He throws a small look at me, and orders me to. So, i turn myself back, and walk to my bedroom quietly. I'm scared, for some reason. I cannot calm down. Fricking crap.

. . .

"What did you talk to him about?" I slip outside of my room, and ask my teacher kindly, hoping he'd answer with the truth. He sighs, but looks up at me, and he grabs his suitcase bag. "Tell me please!"

I force him to, and he clenches his jaw, "your dad and i were talking about your ranks and marks, the test ones, and so when it was all done, i said him to allow you to go to school for higher education, and let you know more. But mister park straight away ignored it, telling that you're gonna be working with him, in his company."

Is he serious right now? No, because i wanna just fuck up everything. I don't care anymore for these shitty things i have to go through.

I'm not working in the place where i feel too uncomfortable. I still remember everything, and how bad it was.

"Aren't you going to say anything, miss park? Your silence is causing him to rule your life even more, and you're just obliged. Raise a voice, don't care too much." Mister zucker gives me some minutes of huge confidence, which i know will pass in the air like fragrance, once my father is standing in front of me.

"What am i supposed to say?" I exhale, but scoff, asking this man who's staring at me with worry. "Will he ever listen if i try to? No. So why bother?"

I incline my head to gaze at him, "my life's always been my dad's. And yet, i feel like i have a chance. How foolish of me?" I don't even feel the urge to cry my heart out, or do anything now. "Anyways, I'm sorry for bothering you in our family matter, mister zucker. Hope you have a good day ahead, goodbye."