Greek God

Noah Hedlund was a force to reckon with in the technology business. His business minded life style had done him good, building a name for himself. Yes he inherited the company from his family but it still held such precedence his life like he'd built it from the ground himself. At the age of 29, he was deemed one of the most successful young CEOs in Europe. Being one of the best didn't come cheap and he'd be damned to slow down anytime soon. Not only was he successful, he was a heartthrob. Standing at 6'1, he was every girl's fantasy. He was tall and built but not overly muscular and filled out a suit quite perfectly. His ash brown hair was well coiffed bringing out his big green eyes. In short, Noah Hedlund was Greek God.

With privileges sometimes come problems. Having such good looks certainly brought different calibres of women to his doorstep. Contrary to popular beliefs, he didn't find pleasure in basking in these women's excessive admiration. He did take what they offered though but always made sure to leave no strings attached. The term associated with that was playboy but he failed to see himself conform to such a description. It wasn't his fault they wanted something he couldn't give.

As soon as he strode confidently into his building that morning, all heads as usual were turned in his direction, the women whispering among themselves probably about how they would've loved to be his next love escapade. Only God knew what the men said though. His personal assistant, Max walked with him relaying the day's schedule to him as they entered the elevator.

"What time is the envoy from Ghana coming?" he asked after Max was done talking.

"At 9am, sir!" he affirmed. Noah looked at his watch. It was now 7am which left about two hours before they arrived. They stepped out on the 59th floor and walked towards his office at the end of the hallway. His two other assistants greeted sparing him a second of a glance before typing away on their computers. He entered his large office space and sat behind his Italian custom-made mahogany desk rubbing his forehead.

"Is there anything else you'd like apart from coffee, sir?" Sarah, one of the assistants, asked through the intercom.

"Just coffee, thank you." he answered and looked up to see Max standing idly. "You can leave."

"Yes sir!" he left leaving him alone. A few minutes later, there was a knock at his door and in came Sarah with a cup of coffee. She set it before him and left. He took a sip from the cup relishing in its taste. He loved his coffee black. It seemed to calm and boost him up at the same time. He turned to face the wide glass window overlooking the city. It was noisy, always noisy and never breath-taking.

"Sir, Mr. Rotshire is on the line." A voice said through the intercom.

"Thanks Tory." He said as he picked up the phone. "Good day, George..."

Mr. Finn walked into his office an hour  later announcing the arrival of the visitors. He got up from his chair brushing away imaginary dust from his suit and followed him out. He was filled in with details as they headed for the conference room. When they got to the entrance, Mr. Finn gave way for him to pass. He walked in to four men all dressed in suits and a young lady. They all stood as he got to the end of the table.

"Please don't stand on my behalf. Please sit." He requested and they obliged. He walked closer to them extending a handshake... "Welcome to London. I'm Noah Hedlund."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Hedlund." one of the older men said shaking his hand. "I'm Dennis Mensah .This is my colleague, Kofi Hayford and our assistants, Aaron Dentsi, Peter Sam and Adeline Quaye." Noah smiled and shook hands with them all before taking a seat.

"I hope you find the hotel to your liking..."

"Oh yeah! We're grateful." Mr. Hayford responded.

"That's good to know. So..." They spent the next few hours going over the details of the software designs needed together with some other men who had joined them during the course. It was already past noon by the time they decided to break.

Noah escorted them to the elevator, "I'll see you tomorrow." He stated as they entered. As the doors of the elevator closed, his eyes held the intriguing brown ones of the young miss accompanying them.