Something In Between

She woke up with the best feeling in the world yet nothing happened and she was alone? Noah had awoken earlier and left leaving behind a note with his number on it. She wasn't so disturbed because she knew she would see him in a few hours. She headed for the bathroom in high spirits to prepare for work.

"You look happy!" Peter commented as they made the journey to Hedlund Tech.

"I am always happy, aren't I" she replied defensively. It was getting hard to push thoughts of Noah out of her head after sharing a bed together for a night. Anytime she recollected the memory, a sheepish smile tugged on the corner of her mouth threatening to break into a full grin. She thought she was being discreet but maybe not enough.

Peter narrowed his eyes at her with curiosity. There was a sudden glow about her that was hard to miss. She had been smiling to herself since they got in the van and he was dying to know why however they had reached their destination preventing him from probing any further. He wasn't deterred though. He could ask her over the private dinner he was going to invite her to after work.

"Ahh, another day at work." Aaron exclaimed sarcastically as he stood by the window looking down at the traffic jam. They all took their seats and begun work with their counterparts from the company. Adeline excused herself a few moments later to use the washroom. It was a lie. She directed her steps towards Noah's door. There were two women busily typing on their computer. They threw her a skeptical look when they noticed her. She approached the dark haired beauty and asked for Noah. A call was made to his office announcing her presence and she was given the go ahead.

Noah had arrived at work a little late to work that morning surprising his assistants. He was never late without a business related reason, one they always knew about. He even complimented them as he walked into his office. He sat in his chair taking in the city's view while sipping on a cup of coffee with little care in the world. Just as he managed to garner enough concentration to work a distraction surfaced, a very sexy distraction. He heard a soft knock and leaned back in his chair.

"Come in!" he called out and watched as Adeline poke her head from the door with an innocent smile before walking in and shutting the door behind her. His eyes never left her as she took short very tempting strides towards him. This woman was a classic seductress and she didn't even know it. His friend down there twitched with excitement. How was he supposed to respect her when she was dressed like that, in a figure hugging dress which stopped just below her knee.  She took the seat opposite him but that even felt miles and miles away. "Come here!" he commanded in a husky voice.

She knew better than to obey that command. She had grown a dirty mind overnight and seeing him now raised so many what if questions, questions she'd rather not know answers to. She bit her lower lip and shook her head, "Come, Adeline" he demanded again narrowing his eyes at her and she refused again. He stood and walked over to her. He then pulled her up a little roughly, pinning her to his body.

"You shouldn't be doing this, Noah! We're in your office." She weakly protested.

He chuckled and run his hand gently down the length of her arm making her shudder, "Why are you here then, Addie knowing this could happen. Ugh...you make it hard for me to keep my hands off you in this dress." He nipped her earlobe and proceeded to suck softly on her neck eliciting a moan from her.

"No..." he cut her off with his mouth filling hers up. He gripped her waist tightly and deepened the kiss. She wasn't withholding either suddenly getting quite good at this considering he was her first kiss. He was very aroused at that point it hurt. His restraint was slipping away slowly and if they didn't stop, he wouldn't be able to control the aching need and throbbing in his pants. He used the last restraint he had to pull away from her. She deserved better than this, he reasoned. He was just a man seeking to quench the sexual libido she ignited in him, nothing more. He ran his hand across her swollen lip and moved back to his previous position thus creating a huge rift that shouldn't be crossed between them.

"You need to go now. I'm sure your friends are looking for you." he said without turning to look at her.

"Is something wrong, Noah?" The disappointment in her voice was hard to miss.

"No! Now go." He replied sullenly. She nodded and turned to leave. She turned back to him one last time when she got to the door but he was still staring out the window. He was displeased, she concluded as she walked out.

When Adeline saw Noah again, it was around noon. He'd invited their entire entourage out for lunch. He ignored her the entire time acting as if they hadn't just shared a heated moment a few hours before. Her mood was dampened the entire period that no could get a stretched answer from her just one worded sentences. It made no sense why he was suddenly acting this way. She didn't do any wrong, did she? She just got frustrated trying to come up with answers, nothing of which explained anything. She should be glad she wasn't the object of his sexual attention anymore but she wasn't and was actually second guessing herself. On the way back to the hotel, she sent a text to him requesting they met at the playground at 7 but there was no reply. She changed into a pair of jeans and shirt and headed out.

Peter caught sight of her running towards the elevator asking the occupant to hold it. He would've called out but she was too far off to hear him. He watched as the door dinged shut with a confused expression. It seemed she was in a hurry to get somewhere but where could that be? It definitely wasn't to the private dinner she wasn't even aware of. Curiosity got the better part of him and he found himself headed for the elevator in a rush. He couldn't find her when he got to the lobby so he ran outside but there was still no sign of her. Just as he decided to check further down the street, a low rumble erupted from the clouds indicating it would rain soon. He groaned in frustration and went back into the hotel.

It was an hour past 7 and there was still no sign of Noah. Adeline rubbed on her arms since it had gotten chilly. The sky was gloomy showing signs of letting down its burden soon. She had not taken an umbrella. The loud rumble of a thunder finally got her to give up waiting and she headed back in sunken mood. Unfortunately the rain let out before she got anywhere close. She had to run the entire back and was completely drenched when she reached the hotel's entrance. The security guard threw her a sympathetic look as she passed him and it just annoyed her some more. She was wet, cold and very pissed with a murderous look in her eyes. She was going to kill Noah Hedlund.

—————————————————

Thanks for reading...^_^