Smitten

"I think you should take a break, Adeline. You look tired." Peter suggested when he noticed her slouched posture. She had been working diligently since they arrived at the office running errands and such for them. He knew she wasn't one to complain which was why he made that suggestion out loud for his boss to hear.

"No, I'm fine. Don't worry." she countered shaking her head fervently. He wasn't convinced but he didn't push further until he saw her try to stifle a yawn. He then leaned over to Mr. Hayford whispering something in his ear.

"You should go stretch your limbs a bit, Adeline. Maybe a cup of coffee would do you some good." Mr. Hayford said to her.

She put on a straight face and shook her head, "Really sir, I'm fine."

"Well I did see a café a few blocks from here and I suddenly have an urge for coffee, could you go get me some" Mr. Mensah interjected with a wink.

"Me too." Peter added. She chuckled and grabbed her purse. These people were eager to rid themselves of her.

"And do take your time Adeline." Mr. Hayford called out to her retreating back. She chuckled again and headed for the elevator. Just as it was about to close, a hand stuck out to stop it. It opened up again revealing Noah. He threw her a smile before entering as well.

"First floor, right?" he asked with that sultry accented voice and she nodded meekly. She lowered her gaze to the floor suddenly finding it interesting. She could feel her heart beat quicken and her palms getting wet, indications of how nervous she'd gotten. The Noah Hedlund charms had somehow gotten to her and she, just like all the other women, was smitten. It had been a stand still moment for her the moment he walked into the conference room two days prior. She felt her pulse kick faster then just as it was now. She couldn't stop herself from staring at him from the corner of her eyes. He was on the phone allowing her the pleasure of listening to his voice, of seeing the way he pursed his lips when he was listening to whoever was speaking on the other end. She was so deep in thought that she didn't realize he was no longer on the phone and was speaking directly to her.

"Huh..." she muttered feeling embarrassed for openly gorging her eyes at the man.

"Where are you headed?" he repeated with a knowing smirk. Her reaction to him was nothing new but not unwelcome at all.

"Uh...The others asked for coffee so... I'm going to get some for them."

"I see. There's a café just a few blocks from here. I could drop you off there." he offered as they got off the elevator and headed outside.

"No!" she blurted coming off a bit harsh then bit her lip in regret, "Sorry! I mean it's fine, Mr. Hedlund. I think I'd love to see a bit of London by walking. Besides it's not so far off, right?"

"No, it's not and it's Noah"

She furrowed her brows in confusion, "Excuse me?"

"Call me Noah."

"Oh! Uh...sure..."

"Sir!" Max called from behind him with a serious expression. Noah looked at the time on his watch and realized he might be late for his lunch meeting. He valued punctuality very much but he found that he didn't want to be on time to this meeting because he felt inclined to help the woman staring up at him with a warm smile. Max calling him the second time got him out of his head finally,

"Sorry, Miss. Quaye. I have to go but I look forward to seeing you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? But it's Saturday"

"I see you've not been informed yet."

"Informed about what?"

Max had walked over to them looking impatient, "We're going to be late sir."

"Sorry. I'm sure you'll be informed later." He gave a curt nod and turned on his heels towards his car.

"It's Adeline!" she yelled to his retreating back causing him to turn back with a wide smile before entering the car which sped off immediately. She watched it until it turned round the curb. She pursed her lips and clutched her bag tighter as she made her way down the street wondering what was going to happen tomorrow.

******

"A luncheon?" Adeline repeated what Mr. Mensah had just said. They were having dinner at hotel's restaurant when he told them of the luncheon Noah had invited them to the next day. So that was what he was talking about, she thought and smiled.

"Yes, a luncheon. It's a semi-formal event so please look decent." He advised. They mumbled a 'yes sir' and went back to eating in silence. They dispersed to their rooms afterward. Adeline wasted no time going through her bag to search for the perfect dress. She heard a knock as she was still deciding what to wear. She went over to open it and realized it was Peter holding a box.

"What is that?" she asked eyeing it.

"This..." he began raising it and turning it like he didn't know, "It's chocolate."

Her ears perked at what he said. How he knew chocolate was her addiction was least of her concern. She just wanted a bite. "Come in, Peter." She happily invited him, her eyes following the movement of the box in his hand.

He caught on to what she was doing and laughed, "Here..." He threw her the box and she caught it perfectly feeling eager to taste the delicious goodies. He took a seat on the single couch by the window staring intently at her bite into the chocolate and release a moan. It got his head in circles so he focused instead on the illuminated view out the window.

"You want some?" she asked and he turned to see her seated next to the suitcase on the bed with an outstretched arm. He smiled and shook his head.

"Have you found a dress yet?"

She looked at the scattered clothes around her and shook her head. She had clothes good enough for a luncheon but she wasn't satisfied. It seemed nothing looked great on her. She put a piece of chocolate into her mouth and picked a random dress holding it up for him to see.

An hour later amidst laughter and chocolate, she settled on a dress with Peter's help. It was a black knee length chiffon dress paired with an African print jacket. She hung it up on a coat hanger and placed it in the wardrobe.

"Thanks for the chocolate and helping me find a dress." she said sincerely with that famous smile of hers she didn't know was melting the man's heart.

"You're welcome besides you will be walking hand in hand with me so I need to make sure you look beautiful." he joked. She laughed as she saw him to the door.

"Good night, Peter."

"Good night." He walked off to his room as she shut the door and jumped into her bed. She took out her phone and sent her friends a message. She turned her head towards the wardrobe imagining how she would look the next day. As she lay in bed, the one thought she'd been pushing to the crevices of her brain surfaced. Would Noah be impressed tomorrow? This thought lingered until the lights went off and the room was silent.