Faithless And Faith More End

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Rosa asked anxiously for the second time.

Adeline looked over at her gloomily "No, I don't want to do this but I...I...can't keep this up anymore. I had hope, Rosa despite everything, I'd hoped---that...well one can only hope for so long..." She threw her cardigan along with other clothes into the suitcase in frustration. It'd been more than a month and nothing had changed, she was still hurting deeply.Noah still couldn't remember her and being with Melanie wasn't helping either. They'd even moved back in together, living the life. The idea of them together was draining her mentally and physically so she took the simplest but hardest road, leaving.

Carla had gone to Japan for awhile leaving Rosa alone to deal with this but the sweet old lady could only do so much to change her mind. "I wish you wouldn't go but that's me being selfish."

"This hurts me more than you could ever imagine..." Adeline tearfully begun as she pulled her into a heartwarming hug "I'm so grateful to have you, Rosa. I hate..."

"I understand." she sniffed back her tears and pulled back."I'm going to start dinner, okay. You should call Raina and Max. It could be your farewell dinner."

"Lets go together, I'll call them from the downstairs!" Adeline exclaimed as they walked out her room. For some reason, she looked back at the suitcase on her bed and smiled

The next day at the Hedlund mansion,Noah stood by the wide window in his old study watching the vast green yard filled with colourful spring flowers and birds happily chirping in the trees. It was indeed a beautiful day yet there was a gloom cloud hanging on his head. The once radiant emerald green eyes held such strong melancholy, it was enough to draw tears from a hardened soldier. He'd been this way since he took this path of revenge. It made him bitter but he wasn't going to give up. He drank the rest of the scotch in his hand as he turned to the phone ringing on his desk.

He answered, "Hello!"

"Noah!" Rosa's voice sounded sadly at the other end. "She's gone!"
His grip on the handset got tighter and his jaws clenched in anger. He brought this on himself and that made him more infuriated. Just then Melanie's voice rang in the air announcing her presence. Without a word, he hung up and tried breathing. She chose that moment to burst into the study with a bubbly attitude.

Strutting seductively towards him, she placed a kiss on his cheek and said, "Hi!"

Noah wanted nothing more than to strangle her at that moment but instead he put on a convincing smile in response "hello!"

"I got so many things..."she begun blabbing about her shopping trip with her mum but he tuned her out."Noah, what's wrong?" she had finally stoppped speaking long enough to see his bored expression.

"My grandma said Adeline is gone" he stated noticing she was a bit taken aback.

"Really, that's... well that's...bad for her. Do you...are you perhaps beginning to remember her?"

"No"

"Okay, that's great. It's best you don't remember. You have some really bad memories with her, Noah so don't be sad. I'm here for you." she hugged him, a triumphant grin lightening up her face. Finally, she thought.

"I know. Do you want to go on a trip this weekend?"

*****
The adrenaline coursing through him caused his blood to pump faster than normal. The sound of his heart beating rapidly drowned her pleas. All he could see was the evil grin she held when she knocked them down that fateful night. The joy she found in taking his son's life,he just couldn't forget it, no matter how hard he tried. That memory was what led them to the end of the Eastbourne cliff in Sussex in the middle of the night.